_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Panzer 38(t) vignette
muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 175 posts
Armorama: 174 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 02:05 AM UTC
Hello everyone

This is my latest built 1/35th scale Tristar's Panzer 38(t) kit OOB. Soldiers are plastic and the girl is a resin one. Hope you like it. Thanks for looking.

velotrain
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 384 posts
Armorama: 320 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 03:53 AM UTC
Very nice, but a consistency issue - since the plants indicate it is summer, there wouldn't be fresh-fallen dead leaves sitting on top of the mud. Maybe some branches / clumps of green leaves broken off by passing vehicles.

I'm guessing part of the motivation could have been having more mud than you really wanted?

Save the dead leaves for an autumn - winter - early spring scene.

Charles
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 04:05 AM UTC
Nice ground work, but I would question the combination of late (Ardennes) Fallschirmjager with early Pz. 38 (t). Must be a time-warp anomolie.
muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 05:36 AM UTC
Actually it is autumn 1944 and if you check the references carefully you see that there are panzer 38(t)'s that were used in late war. The camo indicates that it is late war Biggles2 Otherwise I surely know that it is an early war tank.

dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 06:58 AM UTC
Hey Muzaffer, I like this dio. Everything match's up except the dead leaves in the mud. Might be possible to bury them in a bit of mud so they look churned up some from the fall before. The leaves in the field are good, just very natural for them in the growth on the side all year long. Nobody rakes a field so they are quite correct there. The only thing I would add is to get some mud on the troopers boots that is standing next to the tank.and some more in the tracks. Your mud is very wet looking which is great but that would throw up a whole bunch of it on the top of the back fenders.Not taking away from a great dio, just a few suggestions to tweak it up. Very colorful and it blends into itself very well. Nice job, keep up your good work and look forward to seeing more from you. bob d.
muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 07:17 AM UTC
Bob thanks for your advice, I will take it into consideration and take action as soon as possible
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 10:58 AM UTC
Since no new 38 (t)`s had been produced since around 1942 this one must be a real veteran to have lasted this long. Could use some wear and tear and battle damage. It looks too new. I checked references carefully and they get pretty beat up.
velotrain
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 384 posts
Armorama: 320 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 02:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Actually it is autumn 1944

OK - guess I was misled by all the tufts that look like recent growth (the long one by the bush has an edge that seems to need some camo), the flowering bush, and the girl in the summer dress.
muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 07:23 PM UTC
That's right Charles you got the point. The girl! In summer dress! That is the idea of the vignette. Half of the vignette is the picture of war and the other half declares that there were still some beauties despite the war. This is some sort of fantasy picture that I've wanted to bring life

Biggles, you're right. More weathering on the vehicle would be appropriate.
 _GOTOTOP