AMX-30 B2 Brenus Question
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2012 - 10:45 PM UTC
Hi there,

I stubled over an article in Tankograd Militärfahrzeug about the AMX-30 B2 with Brennus ERA armor. I can vaguely remember that ther was a Brennus conversion set from a company called Creation Phebus or so.
NowI wonder if the upcoming Meng AMX-30 kit will be suited to take the Brennus armor OOTB or are there some more modifications to do. I wonder if Creation Phebus is still in business. Or hopefully Blast Models will step up to this.

Merry Christmas from Bavaria

Hans-Hermann
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 - 12:16 AM UTC
Hi

The Brennus conversion set had been released by Phebus Creation. Sadly the company owner Alain Barrais passed away in January 2012. His webstore is still online but I guess it's no more operational...

Frenchy
nooplwb
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 202 posts
Armorama: 195 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 - 12:44 AM UTC
Unfortunately,no.
You'd need to upgrade the Meng one over to a AMX30B2 first.The Phebus set is not so good,just a handful of parts are useful.
If you want more info on my full story,please visit my friend,Mr Olivier Carneau's site.
http://olivier.carneau.free.fr/kits/france/amx30b2_brennus/index_gb.htm

Good luck.
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 - 01:57 AM UTC
@ Frenchy,

thanks for the update, really sad that Mr. Barrais is no longer among us. Hopefully Blast Models will kick in a do something for the "Trente Tonnes". Maybe I will adopt my AUF1 turret to the Meng hull.

@ Bill
a really impressive build. The stowage baskets must have been a pain in the ass......

Thanks guys
Hans-Hermann
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 - 05:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hopefully Blast Models will kick in a do something for the "Trente Tonnes". Maybe I will adopt my AUF1 turret to the Meng hull.

Azimut released a B2 conversion set years ago. Having no knowledge about the MENG kit, it's hard to tell whether Azimut conversion will be suitable or not.

Concerning the pairing of the poor AUF-1 turret on the very nice MENG hull, I fear you will be very disappointed with the result. The turret requires a lot of work and the hull had some mods compared to the tank hull.
So this will not be a shake and bake combination.

Olivier
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 - 06:19 AM UTC
Hi Olivier,

I know that Heller 1.0 is no easy task. I did a rebuild of the AUF1 turret quite a while ago, but then lay it aside because of the kit hull. But on the other side, there is still enough to build before I get into another French adventure

Hans-Hermann
 _GOTOTOP