_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
WALKAROUND
Horch Kfz.15
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 - 04:04 PM UTC
Robert Blokker shares a walkaround of an immaculately restored Horch Kfz.15. Enjoy!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 06:47 AM UTC
Ola James

Thanks for putting this one online. I hope it is usefull for anybody that is building the Horch.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 09:41 AM UTC
Hi Robert. Thanks very much for this very comprehensive walk around. Some fantastic detail images. Your time and effort is appreciated very much. Same to James.

Is there a model of this particular version? What version is the old Tamiya kit?
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 10:05 AM UTC
@ Frank
To be honest it is a bit of an oddity this Kfz 15. Usually the Kfz 15 had the Sparewheel on the outside of the vehicles body. The body of this Horch is similar to that of the Steyr 1500's and the Merc L1500's with the sparewheel on the inside resulting in a much wider body. The Old Italeri Horch that the Tamiya version originates from is really good for it's age. I have built it several times. You could built this exact same Horch if you mate the chassis of the Italeri Horch with the Body and possibly floorplate of the ICM Merc L1500. I matched them for size couple of minutes ago and it should not be too much trouble to create it.
acemodel
Vendor
ACE MODEL
Visit this Community
Kyyv, Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 - 12:45 PM UTC
Name for this Horch vehicle is Kfz.16
http://www.acemodel.com.ua/pages/models/72259/1.jpg
spacewolfdad
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 642 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 - 01:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ola James

Thanks for putting this one online. I hope it is usefull for anybody that is building the Horch.

Hi Robert,

I have the ACE 1/72 Kfz 16 and the Armory photo-etch set lined up for a project later this year and this is just what I need to get everything right. Thank you very much, really appreciated.

All the best,

Paul
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 01:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The Old Italeri Horch that the Tamiya version originates from is really good for it's age. I have built it several times. You could built this exact same Horch if you mate the chassis of the Italeri Horch with the Body and possibly floorplate of the ICM Merc L1500. I matched them for size couple of minutes ago and it should not be too much trouble to create it.

I read recently the back doors on the Tamiya horch are completly wrong. They should be squared like this model. The angled doors are actually a mistake, taken from an image with back side-doors hanging on the back!
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 02:02 AM UTC
@ Alexey
Thanks for clearing that up. I always assumed this was a Kfz 15 with a different type body. I will adjust it and send a new graphic to the article editor.

@ Paul
No problem. I'm really glad it is of use to you. That is one of the mainreasons why I make my walkarounds. Looking forward to your results with the kit.

@Frank
Your door question got me puzzled. So I checked my old Italeri Horch and that had tge doors as they needed to be. So I started wondering if we were talking about the same car. And we are not. You are reffering to the Horch A1. This is the type with the wide flat radiator grille. And that was indeed created by tamiya san. And the doors are indeed incorrect. The Horch I was talking about is the Italeri Kfz 15. A very old kit that is also repopped by Mr T. With some fuelbarrels and a ridiculous pricetag. With that kit and the floor and body of ICMs merc L1500 you have everyyhing to create this Horch Kfz 16
 _GOTOTOP