_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Guntrucks!
Guntrucks of all nationalities and flavors.
Hosted by Darren Baker
"Sopwith Camel" Finished
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 02:40 PM UTC
I snapped a few photos of "Sopwith Camel" a couple of nights back - I finally wrapped up this gun truck miniature. The only item not present in the photos is the length of antenna. I left it removable to make transporting the model easier. The hood is removable to show off the engine compartment too.

I have a simple earthen base to display the model on - and that's about it for this one...
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 03:01 PM UTC
Gunnie, Par Excellence! I am always amazed to see your fine work. Truly an inspiration.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 03:03 PM UTC
Gunnie, what a wonderful job! So much to look at. Even without tracks that fire power is awesome.
Very, very nice work.
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 04:06 PM UTC
Looks lilke it just came off the road and lay over on a RON(Remain over night) At Tay Ninh. 1968. This one gives me goose bumps. Your best work yet!! Bravo and six cheers You have made an old trucker proud!!
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 06:56 PM UTC
damned good work thier Guntruck...very good work.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 07:55 PM UTC
Absolutely nice work my buddy, discrete waeathering nice construction "clean" build up....what else to say it is very beautiful
congrats!!!!!
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 12:22 AM UTC
I saw the thread title and said 'Huhhhh' - then it came to light.

Yet another wonderful GT! I really like this one. Very well done.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 01:29 AM UTC
Sweet!!!!!! More Insparation!!!!! A 21 drink Salute!!!!
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 717 posts
Armorama: 621 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 02:11 AM UTC
Excellent... awesome... a joy to see ... Thanks!
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 02:49 AM UTC
Holy Mother Macree!!!!!

Ya know, I've already said this in the past, but I'll say it again here for those of you who missed it the first time I posted it. Gunnie and I go way back to almost the beginning of Armorama, and I consider him a good 'compadre'.as well as a mentor of sorts on many issues. But when it comes to his modeling style, his modeling abilities, he is, in my humble opinion, a true Masterclass modeler!!!
Now, the reason I say this is because there has been many discussions on this site as well as other sites about a modelers personal 'style', and how it translates to the finished piece. And certainly everything from the overdone, almost garish, drybrushing of the 'Euro' style, to the 'lets put as much camo, stowage, and paraphenalia as we can ' to hide our flaws crowd has it's place amoung the fans......but. The thing that really sets our Gunnie's work apart from the others is one simple thing. And that 'thing' is something extremely hard to acheive, but Gunnie seems to get it everytime! Here's that 'thing', Gunnie's models actually look as if you shrank the REAL THING down to 1/35th scale size!!!!!!!!! I mean, just take a look at his latest offering, the "Sopwith Camel".
It seriously looks like Gunnie got in a time machine, went back to Tay Ninh, Republic of Vietnam, 1968, and took a bloody shrinking ray gun and shrunk the real 'Sopwith Camel' down to size, picked it up, took it back on his time machine with him, and zoomed back to his home, to the present time and set the REAL truck on a table took pictures of it, and posted them here on Armorama for all of us to see!!!!
Wait a minute!..................................................." Hey animal!, I need your input here. Was the 'Sopwith Camel' ever reported missing!?! I mean, did it's crew ever turn up AWOL at any time during it's TOD?"............hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I may have discovered Gunnie's secret.

All the best my friend!!
You've outdone yourself!

Tread.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 03:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks lilke it just came off the road and lay over on a RON(Remain over night) At Tay Ninh. 1968. This one gives me goose bumps. Your best work yet!! Bravo and six cheers You have made an old trucker proud!!

Thanks so much Dave! I was really trying to capture the look of a truck during a RON mission - I've never done that before in modeling a gun truck. James' book and the commentary from the Truckers helped flesh out an impression on me that I'm trying to capture in scale. Gun Trucks look even more interesting "captured in action" I think. I'm gonna try to, and keep, getting better at capturing that essence...
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 03:33 AM UTC
Thank you very much Tread and everyone else for the compliments. I try to remain understated on Site and sometimes I think unnoticed as well It is nice to have so many resources and Veterans around to share memories and impressions, I'm the better for it.
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 04:41 AM UTC
wow that truck is cool,
u allways out do your self with every model u build
NoMercy
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 111 posts