_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
superbe builds
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 04:09 AM UTC
Allow me to point you to a site a found today while looking at "scale modelling for visual effects" in films.

There are plenty of superb builds to be find in all scales (just do that when you have time, you will see)

This site Hogwarts

does not only show the scale build of Hogwarts Castle in 1/24 but be sure to scroll all the way down and click on the toothpick work of Scott Weaver. Watch the video
The visit of the site is definitely worth your modellers time

Claude
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 07:26 AM UTC

OMG!!!!!!! 100 000 toothpicks!!!

Thanks for posting this Claude!!

Cheers

Romain
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 08:14 AM UTC
I've seen that toothpick artwork on TV not too long ago.. Indeed pretty impressive.

I really like that model of Hogwarts I think it is extremely cool that in this day and age of CGI and special effects these kind of things are still done with extremely well made models.

It somehow reminds me of the work of a certain guy from Luxemburg... I think I got a book about his work.
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 08:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It somehow reminds me of the work of a certain guy from Luxemburg... I think I got a book about his work.

Yep Robert, and it reminds me that there is a big modeling world out there and outside of our message boards.
A lot of stuff i saw during this surftrip was really impressive and helps to put myself back on the floor.

I know that most of the modeling for CGI is done with the help of a lot of people and computer aided manufacturing, but there are inspiring works nonetheless.

I will certainly keep you updated if my stuff will make it into a film one day.

Claude

Tiger_213
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,510 posts
Armorama: 1,443 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 08:26 PM UTC
Ok, that's a nice model and all, but, where the hell do I get a shelf that big?

I think I've seen the model train and toothpick sculpture before though. Still impressed. If I had just a fraction of their talent I'd be set.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 05:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I know that most of the modeling for CGI is done with the help of a lot of people and computer aided manufacturing, but there are inspiring works nonetheless.

I will certainly keep you updated if my stuff will make it into a film one day.

Claude

I used to have a link to a company that produces some of the most amazing scale movie sets for movies like Godzilla and National Treasure. Really amazing diorama's sadly I can't find the link anymore and I can't remember the companies name but there was some truly inspiring work in there.

And why would your work not appear in movies. I think Clervaux is equally impressive as the Movie prop of Hogwarts
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 06:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

And why would your work not appear in movies. I think Clervaux is equally impressive as the Movie prop of Hogwarts

You may have missed it Robert as i mentioned in one former post on the other thread.
I was contacted by a film studio to do exactly that, using my Village as backgound for a feature film, CGI, Visual Effects and so on. Nothing is decided, they may use another background, i will know for sure in a few months.
Would be an exceptional experience for sure.

That's why i am doing this research, i want to know what going on in this industry
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 06:38 AM UTC
Oh wow That is indeed some impressive news that I kinda missed. I hope it will turn out in your favor... Surely another achievement to be extremely proud of.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 - 04:53 AM UTC
Thanks for the link Claude. Enjoyed the video very much.
Good luck with "Hollywood" ... would be an ideal tribute to your work.
 _GOTOTOP