_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
Tamiya M1A2 TUSK
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2013 - 06:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

John MacPherson gives us an overview of Tamiya''s TUSK-upgraded M1A2 Abrams tank.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Hi, All! I've been wondering how the new TAMIYA M1 Abrams kits stack up against the two latest DRAGON M1A1 AIM and M1A2 SEP kits. Now I know- Thanks to all of you, I now have a better idea of what to do. You've helped me come to a decision. I'm going to stick with my 4 DRAGON Abrams kits. For the price of TWO of the new TAMIYA M1A2 SEPs, I bought FOUR of the most recent DRAGON M1-series kits...

I have 2 of the M1A1 AIM (#3535) and 2 of the M1A2 SEP (#3536)... I'll be building one of my M1A1s with LEGEND's TUSK 1 conversion, and one of the others as a TUSK 2 version. In addition to the TUSK 1 set, I've also bought LEGEND's "Big" Stowage sets for all 4 of my M1s and corresponding VOYAGER PE sets for the A1 and A2 variants. In addition, I've bought ECHELON USMC and US Army decal sets, all for OIF vehicles.

I'll probably add a PERFECT SCALE MODELLBAU "Fallujah" update set to one of the USMC Abrams' and I also have 2 extra TAMIYA M1s- an earlier M1A1 and an M1A2, plus I also have an older DRAGON M1A1 HA. Now that PERFECT SCALE MODELBAU also has the Combat Engineer Conversion, I'll do one of those as well. Now which one of these is going to be catching a ride on my HOBBY BOSS M1070/M1000...? Also have a nice older HOBBY FAN "ACE" that I may put on the M1070/M1000 instead...
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 - 01:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

when tamiya hit 60.00 per release that was it too expensive seams sales are down world wide so them that can afford will payyyyyy.

Hi, All! $60.00 BUCKS IS a bit high... As I mentioned in my previous comment, I spent about $30.00 bucks EACH for my FOUR DRAGON M1s... Have you guys seen what TAMIYA has been up to lately? They're adding an ABER PE set to previous releases and then charging 2 to 3 times as much for the "new" kits. I'm not falling for THAT game...
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 - 01:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

John MacPherson gives us an overview of Tamiya''s TUSK-upgraded M1A2 Abrams tank.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Hi, All! I've been wondering how the new TAMIYA M1 Abrams kits stack up against the two latest DRAGON M1A1 AIM and M1A2 SEP kits. Now I know- Thanks to all of you, I now have a better idea of what to do. You've helped me come to a decision. I'm going to stick with my 4 DRAGON Abrams kits. For the price of TWO of the new TAMIYA M1A2 SEPs, I bought FOUR of the most recent DRAGON M1-series kits...

I have 2 of the M1A1 AIM (#3535) and 2 of the M1A2 SEP (#3536)... I'll be building one of my M1A1s with LEGEND's TUSK 1 conversion, and one of the others as a TUSK 2 version. In addition to the TUSK 1 set, I've also bought LEGEND's "Big" Stowage sets for all 4 of my M1s and corresponding VOYAGER PE sets for the A1 and A2 variants. In addition, I've bought ECHELON USMC and US Army decal sets, all for OIF vehicles.

I'll probably add a PERFECT SCALE MODELLBAU "Fallujah" update set to one of the USMC Abrams' and I also have 2 extra TAMIYA M1s- an earlier M1A1 and an M1A2, plus I also have an older DRAGON M1A1 HA. Now that PERFECT SCALE MODELBAU also has come out with Combat Engineer Version, I'll do one of those as well. Now which one of these is going to be catching a ride on my HOBBY BOSS M1070/M1000...? Also have a nice older HOBBY FAN "ACE" that I may put on the M1070/M1000 instead...

Pardon me, Guys! I need to correct myself- I meant to say "the new PERFECT SCALE MODELLBAU M1 ABV Conversion set. It's pricy at over $100.00 BUCKS per, but I only need to buy that thing ONCE!!!
 _GOTOTOP