Hosted by Darren Baker
Walls
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,271 posts
Armorama: 1,253 posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2013 - 12:04 PM UTC
I'm looking at building a diorama with a park wall & a street, but it doesn't look like any of the miniart or verlinden kits are long enough to fit a JS-1 and my German infantry. SO! My question is wether or not I should buy two of the same kits of this: http://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Buildings/MIA00035547/product.php?s=0&t=6&pg=1&ppp=48&sb=stocknumber&so=a&e=0&kw=miniart&era=6&sc=35&type=alternatives or try to rework something like this http://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Buildings/MIA00035505/product.php?s=0&t=6&pg=1&ppp=48&sb=stocknumber&so=a&e=0&kw=miniart&era=6&sc=35&type=alternatives

I've never worked with miniart before so I'm not too sure what to expect either

Any feedback would be great

-Conor
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,726 posts
Armorama: 892 posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2013 - 12:40 PM UTC
Two of the modular Miniart walls looks like it would do the trick.
This Miniart model is vacuformed and is a little different in preperation and assembly. The Miniart webside has a very good instructional section that I recomend you check out before you buy these kits and attempt them. The first one I tried building was a nightmare because I went into it as though it were a vacuform airplane and attempted to add plastic stock for gluing and alignment purposes....I really overkilled. If you follow their instructions for both assembly and painting you'll have a winner.

Cheers,
C.
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2013 - 06:50 PM UTC
If only the wall is not long enough , why not scratch one?
Buy a pack of selfdrying clay, put i onto any support (a piece of wood sheet for example) with a bit of wood glue and scrib your own wall!
If your Clay is about 1 cm thick you have probably 3 days to detail it until it is dry.
You will have a lot more fun than glueing two commercial walls together.

Claude
nico37
Visit this Community
Indre-et-Loire, France
KitMaker: 651 posts
Armorama: 126 posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2013 - 08:36 PM UTC
Hi Conor,

Quoted Text

If only the wall is not long enough , why not scratch one?

I agree with Claude, you can also use fine plaster, it's easy to work it when dry.

nico

newdriftking
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 365 posts
Armorama: 283 posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2013 - 10:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I recently came across your article and have been reading along. I want to express my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make readers read from the beginning to the end. I would like to read newer posts and to share my thoughts with you.
Ugg Boots Outlet
Ugg Mini Boots
Moncler Jackets For Women
Sac Longchamp Pliage Cheval Au G
Sac Longchamp Pliage Tour-Eiffel
Moncler Jacket

How is the above related to the post!!

As mentioned the miniart kits can be a pain to put together but the website does provide excellent instructions, I have recently built the Country diorama and using the instructions helped.

Back to topic.....

If you don't want to buy why don't you scratchbuild the wall using gypsum, there are plenty of references on here and all very helpful..

Paul
flugwuzzi
Visit this Community
Lower Austria, Austria
KitMaker: 633 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2013 - 10:14 PM UTC
Paul,
this is ugly spam via spambots.

cheers
Walter
 _GOTOTOP