_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Alliance Model Works Upgrades
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,271 posts
Armorama: 1,253 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 04:05 PM UTC
I'm going to be getting the AM German figure upgrade and the Waffen SS insignia kits. I just wondered what they're like to work with? The figure upgrade will be my first major work with PE, and I don't want to gaffe that off.

I also saw on their site that the decals in the insignia kit will dissolve with water? Is this true? If so then what else would be recommended to use?

Thanks

-Conor
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 07:06 PM UTC
I have used their figure decals that are packaged with PE badges and they are fine to be removed from the backing with water, I do know that they strongly recommend a specific decal fixing agent in order to prevent damage to the decal. I cannot speak for the figure detailing set but I presume/believe that it is of a good to high quality like all of the items I have used from this company.
Bizarre
Visit this Community
Akershus, Norway
KitMaker: 1,709 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 09:25 PM UTC
The figure detailing kit is very cool. I used slings and belts from it.
The decals can be set with water, but as a general rule they recommend decal setting solutions to get better adherence on curved shapes.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 03:46 AM UTC
I highly recommend all of their products. I am still up in the air about anyones' insignia detail though. It seems a little "bright" as far as visibility is concerned in this scale. I always tone them down with a glaze.
Good products.
J
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,271 posts
Armorama: 1,253 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 06:35 AM UTC
Thanks for the feedback guys Jerry I keep going back to your vignette with the wounded soldier with the PE Y-straps and belt. I'm going to be trying a scene sort of like that. It seems daunting at first but the result should be worth it

-Conor
 _GOTOTOP