_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Q ref Trumpeter Chally 2 enhanced armour....
Neonoodle
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 41 posts
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 - 10:30 AM UTC
H all. After a long absence from modeling, mainlly due to Army stuff, getting married and children im getting back into it i hope.

i have a collection on kits that i need to complete or start, But i picked up the trumpeter chally 2 enhanced cheap from my lhs thats closing down. my question is ive read so many horror stories about the earlier kits and the inaccruacies with kit and wonder if these still stand with this kit or have the errors been corrected?

i plan on building this with the pe kits but wondering if i require the corrected turret from AA or does this just apply to earlier versions? and has anyone used the eduardpe set or the voyger set? and which one is the better?

neil.

p.s send from mobile with small keys and fat fingers so grammer amd spelling may seam odd.
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 - 11:47 AM UTC
I cannot speak to the accuracy of the turret but the kit itself has been mostly updated. The road wheel fit is a little sloppy, so take care aligning it when building. I used the Eduard PE and was happy with it. One thing I messed up were the brush guards on the rear lights. I folded it the wrong way and when trying to correct it, it fell apart. Just take care on that step and you will be fine. Also, I guess there are some raised markings on the turret reactive armor that need removed if you want to build it with active ERA....I guess the markings mean it is inert for training.
Neonoodle
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 - 08:55 PM UTC
thank you for the reply. might get the turret anyway and the correction set anyway. altho i cant find my referance pics of this version in iraq that dont have the ecm table and infared boxes on the front. i would love the Tes conversion from cromwell models but dont know if he has sorted his order problems out

neil
Keef1648
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,240 posts
Armorama: 1,192 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 12:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

thank you for the reply. might get the turret anyway and the correction set anyway. altho i cant find my referance pics of this version in iraq that dont have the ecm table and infared boxes on the front. i would love the Tes conversion from cromwell models but dont know if he has sorted his order problems out

neil

Neil.
Find below (bottom) my build of the Challenger 2 (TES) using the kit you have and Cromwell's conversion.

I have received 3 more kits from him since, The Warrior WRAP conversion, Canadian Leopard 2A6 Barracuda conversion (Trumpeter kit) and the 432 Bulldog 'full kit' with interior.

Order from him asking for a tracking number by mail and an invoice via PayPal. When YOU sign for the kit YOU pay the invoice.
Because of the signature BOTH know the item has arrived.

Works for me here in the US, should work for you in the UK.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/173821#1459544

Keith.
Neonoodle
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 01:15 AM UTC
thanks for the reply keith, roughly how long where you waiting for it? Great build btw. hopefully i will get mine blogged. Think im gunna build this one first soi end up with several versions, like a evolution as such
Keef1648
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,240 posts
Armorama: 1,192 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 01:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

thanks for the reply keith, roughly how long where you waiting for it? Great build btw. hopefully i will get mine blogged. Think im gunna build this one first soi end up with several versions, like a evolution as such

If I remember correctly it was 28 days plus or minus a day and that included 13 days to get here. I tracked it every step of the way (he will give you the tracking number if you ask)...

It could take a little longer if he has to mold (mould?) it for you if he doesn't have one on hand. But again you don't pay til you have it!

Keith.
aristeidis
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 621 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 04:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Order from him asking for a tracking number by mail and an invoice via PayPal. When YOU sign for the kit YOU pay the invoice.Because of the signature BOTH know the item has arrived.
Keith.

Quoted Text

But again you don't pay til you have it!
Keith.

Keith you mean that Cromwell Models accepts orders without been prepaid and you only pay the paypal invoice as soon as the kit arrives? I send you a pm to avoid spam this thread.
 _GOTOTOP