_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Dragon 2cm Flakvierling 38 Late Pro.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 - 10:13 PM UTC
I started this kit a year ago. Thanks to Dragon's clear instructions, I was stumped by how step 1 should go together and forgot about the kit. Luckily, during a reorganization, I came across it. Finished the assembly. I intend to mount it to the rear of a half-track. Unfortunately, I sold most of the crew. Haven't decided which set to replace them with. This will be a "what if" build.

The next photos I will post will be of it painted and weathered.
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 03:35 AM UTC
Matt;

Hi! Looks cool! I've always liked the rather intense and different look of the flakvierling - most guns come as single items, whether on carriages or mounts or in tank turrets (big ships are a rather select and special case), and this thing just shouts "concentrated blast"!

Never built one, other than that old Tamiya Wirbelwind, so cannot ID what-all some of the DML issues might have been... but one thing does come to mind: the front shield looks like it does not sit straight across the piece, but rather has a small amount of back-slant to either side. Is this the way it is supposed to go? I've built a few flak 38 by different manufacturers, and the shields on those sometimes cause problems getting them to sit straight across the mount - which they were in those guns - so I'm wondering if your fit is a similar issue, or if it is the "real" appeearance of the rig.

Just asking!

Cheers!

Bob
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 04:38 AM UTC
The shield is supposed to be slanted. I do enjoy stand alone guns. They are a nice break from vehicles. Im now patiently awaiting the M777. My next build will likely be a B4.
 _GOTOTOP