_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Yugoslav Army 2S1 Gvozdika in 1/35
PatriotaModels
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 126 posts
Armorama: 116 posts
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2013 - 04:52 AM UTC
Hi guys,

I have recognized that a lot of people were selling their old SKIF model kits and can´t wait to buy the new Trumpeter products, because they seem to be "inaccurate" and a lot of aftermarket products are needed to make a nice model. Why? I still have another 2 Gvozidkas from SKIF (basic and Finnish version) that have to be built. Definitely no reason for me to buy new Trumpeter releases and spend a lot of money for minor detail changes.

Today I present to you my 2S1 "Gvozdika" from SKIF, used by the Yugoslav Army. I only replaced the vinyl tracks for resin tracks from SP-Designs for some $4. I also added some wire for different handlings on turret and chassis, also as two pairs of towing cable-ends from my resin spare box.This is my first Gvozdika model, finnished some 2-3 years ago. I used my JNA olive-grey color mix. Weathering, rust and mud were simulated with pastel chalk.

Anatoli
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 85 posts
Armorama: 85 posts
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2013 - 05:27 AM UTC
Nice build. Exceptional painting and weathering. This is personal opinion. I don't mean to offend all the super detailers out there, but I believe a nice looking model is,at least, 60 percent painting and weathering and 40 percent,or less, construction. I've seen one too many a modeler get all caught up in detailing and never finish his build! Sort of like me.
chefchris
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,544 posts
Armorama: 1,464 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 02, 2013 - 07:44 AM UTC
guilty as charged....... too many to list but my SLA Tiran 5 tops it!

Chris
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 02, 2013 - 09:12 PM UTC
Your model looks great Nenad. When I built mine, I just used the Eduard PE set which was really good and enhanced some poor details of the Skif kit.
The figures are a nice addition too.

Olivier
 _GOTOTOP