Revell kits going OOP
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 02, 2013 - 08:39 PM UTC
To all fans of Bundeswehr vehicles
RoG relessaed list of model kit going out of production this year. Among the armor kits are the Panzerhaubitze 2000, the Lkw Wolf and - most important - the Marder 1 A5.
So better get you one before the prices go sky-hi on Evil Bay.

Cheers
Hans-Hermann
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 02, 2013 - 08:54 PM UTC
Thanks for the info Hans-Hermann.
Concerning the Marder, this really is a weird choice as it is quite "new" and pretty attractive due to the deployment to Afghanistan.
The PzH2000 is not surprising considering this kit is not a great one for what I read on various forums.

I just hope Revell's intention is to issue new molds for these three vehicles.

Olivier
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Armorama: 712 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 02, 2013 - 09:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for the info Hans-Hermann.
Concerning the Marder, this really is a weird choice as it is quite "new" and pretty attractive due to the deployment to Afghanistan.
The PzH2000 is not surprising considering this kit is not a great one for what I read on various forums.

I just hope Revell's intention is to issue new molds for these three vehicles.

Olivier

I have built the PzH2000 and it is a joy to build. Good fit, lots of detail, and a challenging paint scheme. Don't forget there are a lot of whingers out there who do nothing but complain over even the smallest problems.
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 02, 2013 - 10:01 PM UTC
Hi Olivier

my contact at Revell told me that there will only be re-releases of the kits "someday", no new molds. RoG strictly will release only two new kit per year with the main empahsis on tanks, guns and AFV("everything that has a gun barrel"). So it`s highly unlikely to see a Bergepanzer Büffel, Brücken-legepanzer Biber or a Bergepanzer 2 in styrene. Considering the costs for the molds about 100 000 Euros, an understandable decision.

Hans-Hermann
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 12:02 AM UTC
Hi - do we know if RoG normally run their kits in continuous production? My understanding is that most manufacturers run kits in "batches" until they have enough stock to last a while, and then put away the tooling to make room for another kit in the factory. If RoG does the same, this decision might only indicate that they already have a warehouse full of these kits and don't need to make any more for a while.

Have other RoG kits become scarce after going OOP?

Tom
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 01:23 AM UTC
A pity to hear the Wolf is going out of production: I've been hoping for a LWB version of this....
bronzey
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 300 posts
Armorama: 256 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 02:12 AM UTC
For those who live in the UK, the marder kit you speak of is half price to £10 at the moment in the modelling chain 'Modelzone', been playing with the idea of getting it myself, as for the Wolf, I'll have to hunt one down before its too late!

Bronzey
mpeplinski
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 487 posts
Armorama: 182 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 02:54 AM UTC
Good way to drum up business...perceive a shortage and watch them fly off the shelves.Good way to get rid of overstock without cutting prices....speculators eyes glazed with dollar signs.....ohh the shame!!Anyways,just my two pfennigs worth,adjusted for inflation.Other manufacturers have used this ruse before.Alls fair in sales and production.

Mike
 _GOTOTOP