_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
Meng French MBT AMX-30B
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2013 - 04:48 AM UTC
Chris Green takes a look at the French MBT AMX-30B from Meng.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2013 - 06:31 AM UTC
Thanks for the review Chris.
On French forums it is assessed as a great kit too and it looks like Meng did ther search work.
One point though, the driver hatch should be flat. The hatch with a hump is a late feature introduced with the AMX30 B2. It could be correct for a very late 30B as some got this hatch but it is not a standard hatch.
Concerning a turned barrel, it would be great if the manufacturers included the series of holes under the thermal sleeve.
Concerning the colors, the French never used Olive Drab (at least for the AMX30) but a Plain Green then the 3-tone camo has been applied. But please do not use NATO colors, there again the French use their own colors.
Thanks also to Meng to get some interest into French armor. Hopefully the VAB, the VBL and the AMX10RC will draw their attention

Olivier
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Armorama: 712 posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2013 - 08:21 AM UTC
Hi there Chris.
Nice review mate.
One thing, could we have a little more light on the instructions when you take the photos please? They are hard for me to see.
Cheers
Warren
Lateral-G
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 96 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 04:17 AM UTC
Nice review. Looking forward to getting mine. I got the AMX-30B, Merkava 3 BAZ and the AUF 1 for $50 ea (shipped from HK) via ebay. Just waiting for them to show up. They'll be my first Meng kits.

_GOTOTOP