_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
stug III
QUAX_MAXIMUS
Visit this Community
El Salvador
KitMaker: 46 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 - 02:50 AM UTC
Second diorama... critics and comm
ents alllways welcome...
LINK:
https://gallery.kitmaker.net/showgallery.php/cat/28168
All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
KitMaker: 599 posts
Armorama: 527 posts
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 - 09:09 PM UTC
Hello again, Jose

I think overall chipping spots are out of scale, but you can fix them later easily. Also, the axe handle in front-right side fender was too stark and FYI, such painting result oftenly happen to me Then I solve it with Flat Earth and Buff acrylic paints from Tamiya. Such combination will make the handles look so natural as a wooden material

Anyway, outstanding idea and groundwork!

Best regards

Garry
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 - 10:20 PM UTC
For your benefit, I'm going to put this through the ringer.

First the bad:
The figures' boots should be black or brown. The tracks on the right hand rear of the stug are broken. The machine gun should be black, gunmetal, or (I've found) MM graphite. What I assume are sandbags, are out of scale and appear to be glossy. These items also appear to be floating. Looking at it again, the whole model could do with a shot of flat clear. If you are looking to make it wet, use slightly darker colors. At 1:35, you would be able to discern any of the other effects of water. The rust, on the spare tracks on the front of the stug is too uniform. The tracks on the stug should all be similarly weathered. The crewman would not be wearing a helmet. I also agree with Ricky on the point that there is too much chipping. It looks like you have full on paint peeling. With that much chipping, there would be some rust spots on the tank. German gray was only the base coat. Red oxide is the primer. Some of this should show through on a heavily weathered vehicle.
Then the good:
Great job on the camo! Assuming that it is hand brushed, it must have taken forever. The ground work is also quite good. Too many times, people forget to add the effect the tracks would have on the ground.
The most important:
Have fun! Take lessons learned and improve your skill.
I think you have great potential and look forward to your future builds.
spacewolfdad
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 642 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 - 11:04 PM UTC
Hi Jose,
May I say you have made an excellent model and a well proportioned, as well as staged, diorama. However, I have to agree about the chipping. I am not a fan of this 'heavy weathering', I believe it originated from a comment by a respected modeller, who suggested that you visit a construction site and observe the heavy plant for some ideas about chipping and rusting. This would be ok if you were making a model of heavy plant, but tanks are a different matter. There is wear and tear, but not neglect. Look at as many photos as you can, Google images is a good place to look at stuff, just type in Stug III and see what comes up.

I am adding an interesting video of a Stug III rescued from a bog, look at the paintwork, it is virtually pristine and still has the winter whitewash on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwrel&NR=1&v=lvveoQRVBxY

Hope this helps,

All the best,

Paul
QUAX_MAXIMUS
Visit this Community
El Salvador
KitMaker: 46 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 12:12 PM UTC
thanks a lot buddies, all your advices very wellcome!!!!!!!! I'm going to practice a lot more to get better. And believe me I did have fun!!!
All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
KitMaker: 599 posts
Armorama: 527 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 12:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

thanks a lot buddies, all your advices very wellcome!!!!!!!! I'm going to practice a lot more to get better. And believe me I did have fun!!!

You're welcome and have a nice modelling time for all of us!

Cheers

Garry
 _GOTOTOP