_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Hobby Boss IDF Merkava ARV???
Captin_Caveman_III
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,069 posts
Armorama: 1,062 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 - 09:05 AM UTC
I was looking through my Squadron flyer just now and ran across this new item on page 65 and thought OMG! The verey vehicles we have talked about for some time.
Seeing that this thing was and still is only a concept. I hope with this low cost it will bring life back in to this old concept.

I my self still have my old Legend kit and I'm not going to buy this new kit., but the rest of you may want to thing about getting this new kit.
Link to the Squadron item: IDF Merkava ARV
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 - 04:07 PM UTC
I saw this at Colpar's in Lakewood, but I couldn't decide if it came with the motor or not. Usually they open new releases for inspection, but not for this one. No other indication on the box other than the box art on the front. If I knew it had the engine I'd have gotten it even if I don't care much for prototype vehicles.
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 - 04:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I saw this at Colpar's in Lakewood, but I couldn't decide if it came with the motor or not. Usually they open new releases for inspection, but not for this one. No other indication on the box other than the box art on the front. If I knew it had the engine I'd have gotten it even if I don't care much for prototype vehicles.

There is no powerpack with the kit. If you are looking for kit instructions for this kit and pretty much every other kit this is a link to favorite...

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10203981
rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,696 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 - 08:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry for the hi-jack, but I really like that place.
Too bad there was no power pack, I would have grabbed one just for that.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 - 12:58 PM UTC
Thanks, but I had no access to that site at the time, or I'd have checked. I had to make a decision on the fly.

As for Colpar's - yes, both of them are great. Hundreds of good references, always have the latest kits, sometimes opened. The Colpar's in Aurora had Live Resin but I discovered the one in Lakewood does not. By the way, whoever did those two Strykers and the M551 did a great job.

And of course the Springs has two very well stocked Hobby Towns. I like the one off of Woodmen a bit better. I'd venture to say that if you live off of the I-25 corridor near the Air Force Academy, you've got more excellent hobby shops within an hour drive than anywhere in the entire country.

By the way, yeah it's bit off topic, but I don't consider your post a true hijack. For me, that's when someone shows us their build, and someone else says, hey look at mine...
 _GOTOTOP