Hosted by Darren Baker
cobblestone destruction
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 - 03:50 AM UTC
I just saw a Utube clip of a tank parade somewhere in Germany. A tank (bridge layer) did a 180 turn on a cobblestone road surface. The cobblestones were completely ripped up, much to the amusement of the spectators. Interesting damage effects to keep in mind for a dio.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 - 04:06 AM UTC
I have a photo in a book where a column of Sherman tanks is driving through a street in a village or small city here in the Netherlands. And basically in the bend itself there are no stones left anymore. They are all piled up in a huge heap against the housefronts
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 - 04:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I just saw a Utube clip of a tank parade somewhere in Germany. A tank (bridge layer) did a 180 turn on a cobblestone road surface. The cobblestones were completely ripped up, much to the amusement of the spectators. Interesting damage effects to keep in mind for a dio.

Not too terribly difficult to do if you're not using a pre-made cobble stone road -

I think it implies a bit of motion and direction to the viewer as well as visual interest and detail.
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,322 posts
Armorama: 1,239 posts
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 - 05:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

An issue which was common during the large autumn execises like ReForGer or Grosser Bär and alike in West Germany until 1989!
Many young officer spend days in writting so called damage reports, sitting at kitchen tables in farms, enjoying long talks with old German men about their days in WWII. I can recall one example of such an old 'warrior' who was able, after over 40 years, to explain all details of our .50, even showing how to use the go/no-go plate! He proudly explained that in those days one of the .50 changed ownership and was a welcome add to the scarse German weaponry.
Tip: do not forget that tracked vehicles have rather hooked marks on tarmac due to the way tracks are used to take turns.

_GOTOTOP