_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
1/35 Befehlspanzerwagen V Panther Ausf D
muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 175 posts
Armorama: 174 posts
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 - 08:20 PM UTC
Hello friends,
This is my latest build Panther ausf D, SS panzer regiment 5. It took 2 weeks to finish this vignette. I have enjoyed a lot and hope you like it.

cheers

velotrain
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 384 posts
Armorama: 320 posts
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 - 11:07 PM UTC
Muzaffer -

I have no background knowledge, but I'm not understanding all the mud in the scene. Maybe it is late winter and some snow has melted, and that would create a wet surface to the ground, but not mix with the still-frozen soil to create mud. It is still cold enough for the figure to keep his hands inside his jacket. From my experience, with that much snow left, I cannot imagine mud at the same time.

The tank is very well done and I like the "attitude" of the figure surveying the landscape.

Charles
muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 12:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Muzaffer -

I have no background knowledge, but I'm not understanding all the mud in the scene. Maybe it is late winter and some snow has melted, and that would create a wet surface to the ground, but not mix with the still-frozen soil to create mud. It is still cold enough for the figure to keep his hands inside his jacket. From my experience, with that much snow left, I cannot imagine mud at the same time.

The tank is very well done and I like the "attitude" of the figure surveying the landscape.

Charles

Thanks Charles,

Actually it is a swampy surface, the commander is thinking about to free his tank from this swamp.

Muzaffer
spitfire303
Visit this Community
Vendee, France
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
Armorama: 1,406 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 12:20 AM UTC
Very nice, if it's a befehls panther you miss the additional antenna mount on the turret and a special rack under the bin on the left side (a rack to put in the mast of the stern antenna). Also the coaxial MG emplacement should be blinded as in this place there was additional radio equipement.

spit
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 12:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Muzaffer -

Charles

Thanks Charles,

Actually it is a swampy surface, the commander is thinking about to free his tank from this swamp.

Muzaffer

Actually, the traffic turned the snow covered landscape into a glutenous soup of mud.
Very believable. The scenery is excellent. What did you use for snow?
TotemWolf
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 294 posts
Armorama: 196 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 03:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Muzaffer -

Charles

In can happen in Alaska/Canada/Russia during the thaw.
One spring at Fort Richardson I saw an M1A1 buried to the deck in mud. The air temp that morning was 25F, and there was still a couple of feet of snow in the forest and on the north sides of the hills.
During the day the temps go above freezing but there is way too much snow to melt in just a day or even a week. Then at night the temps drop way below freezing the wet snow turns to ice and the surface of the mud-holes freeze. As soon as you break the crust you plunge into deep mud. In the right spot that can be very deep mud.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 03:22 AM UTC
Very nice job on the whitewash and painting in general. I agree about the snow and mud mix. Very possible!! I have seen it many times in Germany and the USA on the training ranges.
J
muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 07:31 AM UTC
Well in my reference pictures the ground was just like this one, there was heavy mud marsh and lots of snow around. So nothing is imaginary
velotrain
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 384 posts
Armorama: 320 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 06:55 PM UTC
Thanks for the info guys. As I said, "I have no background knowledge", and my personal encounters with swamps in winter didn't involve multi-ton vehicles.

I also wasn't understanding the apparent snow drift on the side of the tank but the tracks looking fresh.
muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 09:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Very nice, if it's a befehls panther you miss the additional antenna mount on the turret and a special rack under the bin on the left side (a rack to put in the mast of the stern antenna). Also the coaxial MG emplacement should be blinded as in this place there was additional radio equipement.

Thanks Pawel, but as far as I'm concerned that not all the command tanks are the same, some has antenna on turret where some has not. I double checked this in references.

spit

muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 09:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for the info guys. As I said, "I have no background knowledge", and my personal encounters with swamps in winter didn't involve multi-ton vehicles.

I also wasn't understanding the apparent snow drift on the side of the tank but the tracks looking fresh.

Charles,

I wanted the model look clean and white as possible, didn't want the muddy look all around, including the tracks
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 01:50 AM UTC
Well,all being said,I still like it!!! I can only imagine what is going through the tank commanders' head.
"How the h--l am I getting out of this and what will GruppenFr Gille have to say? I should have joined the Navy"
J
muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 02:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well,all being said,I still like it!!! I can only imagine what is going through the tank commanders' head.
"How the h--l am I getting out of this and what will GruppenFr Gille have to say? I should have joined the Navy"
J

That's great
 _GOTOTOP