_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Interesting find: Tamiya 1/48 T-34/76
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 12:27 PM UTC
I went to a toy and collectable fair with the wife today (as advertised in Dec's Fine Scale Modeler). As I was browsing through the vendor tables, I found a lady who had a pair of Tamiya 1/48 scale T-34/76 kits. She wanted $20 a piece for them, one was partially built and another was missing at least the entire hull. Doubtful that both boxes would produce a full kit. Needless to say, I passed on these kits.

In another room, there was another vendor who had the Alien Nostromo vinyl kit and that caught my eye. The price on it was $175, but I noticed he had the same Tamiya T-34/76 kit. I popped his open and took a quick look, it was complete. I figured his was going to be more than the lady's in the other room, so I set it down. The man then told me he would sell me the kit for $15. Before I could give an answer, he said he'd throw in the Tamiya 1/35 107mm mortar set. I bought both kits for $15.

I've got most of Tamiya's old 1/48 scale armor like the M60, M60A1, M60A1E1 (M60A2), JGSDF MBT-71 and now the T-34/76. I enjoy building these old armor kits. The recent talk about the old Revell M4 Sherman got me thinking about these kits. I think it was fate that made me stumble onto these old T-34s.
kglack43
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 842 posts
Armorama: 607 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 12:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I think it was fate that made me stumble onto these old T-34s.

and yer wife...
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 01:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I think it was fate that made me stumble onto these old T-34s.

and yer wife...

True, I mentioned the ad this morning after reading Fine Scale Modeler and then she said she had received a post card that had two tickets for the show. We went for like an hour or so towards the end of the show. She likes to look at old dolls and collects older Barbies and such.

BTW, here is a link to the same kit I found. No wonder no one's bid on it. I didn't think it was worth $20, let alone what this guy wants + shipping. Tamiya Motorized T-34.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 02:17 PM UTC
Congrat's on the kit Rob. I know this has been spoken about before, but your uncanny luck in situations like that is exactly that, uncanny.
I think Buddha would say that you must have done something good in a previous life and are just simply being rewarded in this life. Whatever the reason, I'm glad for ya mate! :-)

Tread.

Speaking of older kits......I don't suppose you want to get rid of that Calliope do you?
 _GOTOTOP