_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
HobbyTrax Track Assembly Tools
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 07:47 AM UTC
Scott Gentry tries out one of the Track Assembly Tools from HobbyTrax.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 09:31 PM UTC
Thanks for the review.

Just one thing, I know some modellers can exagerate track-sag, but in your last photo there is very little sag as the end result?

I might get their T-34 sets one day (they have one with sag and one with no sag).

Cheers,

Christophe
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 11:29 PM UTC
Useful looking addtion to the market, although I would express the concern that it could work out expensive unless you do a lot of models of a similar subject?
didiumus
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 564 posts
Armorama: 312 posts
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 - 05:33 AM UTC
With regards to track sag, the rubber band tracks pictured were just fitted quickly for photos. I have not yet heated them up to form them to the tools. I think the tool will be more useful for individual link or link and length tracks, but you can do rubber band tracks as well. Jim, agree - not sure I would always get the tool, but if you have several kits, or you have nicely detailed indi link tracks, and don't want to spring for Friul metal tracks, these tools would do the trick. Most modelers have several Panzer III, IV, or Tiger kits....
Charlie-66
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 771 posts
Armorama: 750 posts
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 - 05:13 AM UTC
I just ordered a set for the early Pz III since I have a ton of those in the stash.

Also ordered a set for the M4 to M4A3 VVS. I want to see if I can use them to adjust the length on the DS tracks rather than trying to size them on the kit and breaking off small parts.
Charlie-66
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 771 posts
Armorama: 750 posts
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 - 04:43 PM UTC
My sets I ordered arrived in the mail today along with a nice thank you note. Man! That was fast. They look really nice and I can't wait to try the Sherman tool on my build for the just Sherman's campaign.
 _GOTOTOP