Hosted by Darren Baker
Airfix Jackal
ferny152
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 50 posts
Armorama: 47 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2013 - 09:44 AM UTC
The matte varnish has just dried on this! Nothing to say about the kit that has no already been said.

As it was a gift I splashed out on replacement resin wheels and tries as well a stowage set which also came with a replace .50 hmg with 3 piece brass barrel! and a 40mm GMG which I'm saving four my wimik. All from gasoline models.

Finished with humbrol acrylic and and alclad klear cote lightly dusted with might mig pigments. Oh and I made the wheel arch rubbers from thin black card attached with PVA and added some seat belts from tamiya tape.

Thoroughly enjoyable build from start to finish.
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 06:07 AM UTC
Great job.Just getting to the end of mine.I've been so impressed with these kits I just ordered the Coyote,Tamiya jerry cans/barrels and a second set of figures.The second figures,as Niel Barker did,will be to use the backpacks and weapons for stowage.Try modifing the figures to the vehicles,could be a long wait for the crew kit.

Tom
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 06:26 AM UTC
Looks very good Jonathan. The extra gear and seat belts really add to it and that M2 is much better than the kit supplied which I used.
 _GOTOTOP