_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Suggestions for the Galleries
Dragon164
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,909 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2013 - 02:10 PM UTC
I have a couple of ideas that could help the site and it's members.

First is that I see a lot of people are having trouble posting pics from their galleries and I think it would help if the linked thumbnail and the HTML code were switched, ie the first option would be the HTML code and you would click the picture frame to get the linked thumbnail.

The second is that it might be a good idea to increase the amount of gallery space for non subscribers I don't recall how much space that is but a little more might help. I realize that we want to encourage people to subscribe but having people use offsite storage for photos does not help. I find a lot of older post that would be helpful have been rendered less so by the fact that the pics have disappeared.

Cheers Rob.
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2013 - 02:44 PM UTC
I hear you Rob. The gallery has been an ongoing project for Jim for quite some time now. With all the updating of the site last year taking most of his time, hopefully the gallery updating will be next. As an editor, the absolute best improvement Jim made was getting us out of the gallery (we used to have to upload 10 photos at a time and then start over...no easy task doing a hundred plus pics at a time!) so the sort of system that we now use would be ideal for the members.

barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2013 - 11:07 PM UTC
Just to chime in, the single quickest improvement for space would be to break the tie between a Member's gallery and the Campaign ones!

As it stands, uploading to a Campaign gallery seems to also upload to your personal one, eating up precious space for non-subscribers. Kinda puts folk in the difficult position of having to delete older Campaign photos to make room, leaving those ugly "Big Red Xs" all over the Campaign threads...

Tom
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 06:09 AM UTC
Ah, I did not know that Tom, I'm very gallery illiterate at this point

That would be an effective temporary improvement for sure!
 _GOTOTOP