_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
A forum page just for Build Logs
Removed by original poster on 05/13/19 - 20:19:35 (GMT).
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,191 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 01:43 AM UTC
I tend to agree with Matt. There are some really nice in depth build-logs that include a lot of factual information regarding vehicles, some super detailing, etc. It would be nice to keep those together, as they really are, and SHOULD BE, the showcase of the forum.
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 01:51 AM UTC
Great idea Matt. I don't think the Constructive Crit forum works the way it should. Possibly if that forum was renamed and moved towards the top it would work much better?
stef29
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 124 posts
Armorama: 102 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 03:29 AM UTC
I think this is a great idea. I'm rather new here and not sure whether I should put build updates in certain forums, sometimes there is a response and sometimes not - so you wonder if folks are saying "What the Heck is he doing posting this stuff here". So this helps to unclutter the forums that might be more around discussions, research, q&a... I vote yes for the idea.
Removed by original poster on 05/13/19 - 20:19:45 (GMT).
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 1,656 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 04:07 AM UTC
Personally I don't see that it's necessary. On the Latest posts page you can filter by build log and then you will only see build logs. Since I only browse Kitmaker through the latest posts page it's pretty much all I'd need.

Cheers!
Stefan
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 04:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Personally I don't see that it's necessary. On the Latest posts page you can filter by build log and then you will only see build logs. Since I only browse Kitmaker through the latest posts page it's pretty much all I'd need.

Cheers!
Stefan

I was going to say... we already have this feature.

If/when I get the chance to update individual forum listing pages I can probably add a filter for 'blogs in this forum only' type of view as well. But in the meantime the Latest Posts page filter option is your best bet.

Cheers,
Jim
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 04:42 AM UTC
Ok... is there a way to edit an existing thread to make it into a build log?

For instance, my M3 Grant build is not listed anywhere as a build log, but at 7 pages, 15,000+ views, and a pretty solid number of photos detailing what I've done, I think most people would call it one.
Removed by original poster on 05/13/19 - 20:19:58 (GMT).
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 06:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Ok... is there a way to edit an existing thread to make it into a build log?

For instance, my M3 Grant build is not listed anywhere as a build log, but at 7 pages, 15,000+ views, and a pretty solid number of photos detailing what I've done, I think most people would call it one.

Yep, a mod can do it.

The thread's only been there since July of last year. I'm surprised none of the mods have noticed it.
ProfessorP
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 339 posts
Armorama: 325 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 06:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Cheers!
Stefan

Respectfully, I think it all depends on how you prefer to browse the site. I personally hate the Latest Posts page as well as the Latest Posts listing on the home page. There is too much turnover there to follow the few posts I'm really interested in, the majority of which are build logs. It would be great to have a home for very involved build logs rather than having them spread out throughout the site and relying on frequent posts to keep them near the top of the latest post queue.

With respect to the Constructive Feedback forum, it does seem to be a bit misused but in my own case, my project started out there so that I could ask questions early on but eventually morphed into the very long, involved build log that I cannot seem to end! At this point it seems like that is no longer the best place for it. So, the constructive feedback forum has it's place but I would rather see all the multi-page build logs in their own forum if at all possible.

Thanks
 _GOTOTOP