_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Any aftermarket BMP-1 stuff inbound?
Ellevenbravo
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 269 posts
Armorama: 261 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 01:51 AM UTC
The Trumpy kits has been out for a while now, any info on aftermarket stuff either currently out there or in the works (especially a resin interior)?

Thanks guys,

John
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 04:15 PM UTC
Sergej of SP Designs is working on a couple of things. BREM-2 conversion. I am making up a detail correction setup for it to address the upper hull issues. All I have heard of so far.

Oh, and Fruil tracks...
spetsnazgru
Visit this Community
Lebanon
KitMaker: 661 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 07:53 PM UTC
Friul tracks.
DerGeist
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 735 posts
Armorama: 707 posts
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013 - 03:09 AM UTC
I just saw today that Voyager is releasing an extensive PE set.

Erik
Nokturnal
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 64 posts
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013 - 04:32 AM UTC
Trumpeter's facebook page has a pic showing it off now:

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/885688_289258634540242_654629927_o.jpg
Ellevenbravo
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 11:12 AM UTC
Thanks guys. Kinda thought that someone would have jumped to offer a resin interior. This kit is crying out for one.

That old AEF interior set might be looking pretty good in the near future.

DerGeist
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 12:50 PM UTC
That AEF interior is for a kit that is really 1/32, not 1/35.

Erik
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 03:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That old AEF interior set might be looking pretty good in the near future.

No. No. No. Don't even think it, just walk away calmly before some gets hurt and there are tears. No.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 07:38 AM UTC
SKP Model has just released a Lenses and Taillights set for this kit which should add some bling at a reasonable price.
Ellevenbravo
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 12:45 AM UTC
Nearly 6 months since my original post, has anyone stepped up with some aftermarket goodies? For some reason, given how popular the BMP was, I just assumed that we were going to get slammed with all sorts of nice resin / PE stuff.

Can't believe no one has any interest in a resin interior.

Sigh.....
Luty
Visit this Community
Russia
KitMaker: 310 posts
Armorama: 299 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 03:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sergej of SP Designs is working on a couple of things. BREM-2 conversion. I am making up a detail correction setup for it to address the upper hull issues. All I have heard of so far. Oh, and Fruil tracks...

Maybe Sergey is working on a BRM-1K conversion?
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 04:59 AM UTC
Hi;

You mite try your hand at scratch building the interior.
I don't think there will be any one building it anytime soon. There are plenty of references too guide you on, the engine would be the biggest problem.

CHEERS; MIKE.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 02:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nearly 6 months since my original post, has anyone stepped up with some aftermarket goodies? For some reason, given how popular the BMP was, I just assumed that we were going to get slammed with all sorts of nice resin / PE stuff.

Can't believe no one has any interest in a resin interior.

Sigh.....

As I hear it, the biggest problem is in a very stale economy world wide. Sergej is working on new stuff, but slowly.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2013 - 01:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Erik

I used it for a DML BMP-1 and it was a drop fit. At the time it was released, I was pretty happy with it as the references I had then was close to none.

Olivier
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2013 - 01:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Erik

I used it for a DML BMP-1 and it was a drop fit. At the time it was released, I was pretty happy with it as the references I had then was close to none.
But for sure, it won't fit the Trumpeter kit.

Olivier

Ellevenbravo
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 04:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

As I hear it, the biggest problem is in a very stale economy world wide. Sergej is working on new stuff, but slowly.

Not sure I agree with that. The Dragon M-48 has only been out for a few months and there are already multiple very nice aftermarket sets released. I'm coming to the conclusion that (for whatever reason) modern USSR subjects just don't have the appeal that other genres do.

Strange, I really thought that given the numbers produced and the huge number of nations that employed it, the BMP-1 would have been a hit w/ the aftermarket folks.

Not the end of the world, I can scratchbuild most of what needs to be done (not the interior though), just a random observation.

DerGeist
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 04:16 AM UTC
I don't think comparing it to the numerous new M48 upgrades is fair for the BMP. The new M48 had some glaring errors that everyone has been complaining about since before the kit ever came out. As best I know the Trump BMP-1 doesn't have any problems like that and therefore no one is in a rush to put anything out for it. If we were all vocal about wanting certain upgrades, and there were more of us, I'm sure someone would eventually listen and put out some upgrades. At least that's how I look at it.

Erik
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 07:56 AM UTC
Hi;

I don't think that the Kit Manufactures are into that level of detail, the Cost would be too high.
And too put that much Detail in a interior would be a real challenge trying too fit all of the equipment.
Look at the BMP-3, it has a lot of details on the Inside, but how much of it can you really see. Even with all of the Hatches open there is still a Ton of details that are left out in the kit. The After Market guys are only willing too go so far on the Conversion and Detail sets due too cost.
Your Best Bet is still trying too Scratch Build it yourself, you could use the AEF set as a Basic Guide but that's about all !
Good Luck; MIKE.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 12:05 PM UTC
Only use the AEF interior if you just want something inside...it is not accurate by any stretch of the imagination. Just a warning. It does fill up a empty space.

The AEF Designs interior is made for the larger NON-trumpeter BMP kits, so shoe-horning may be required as well.

I know we are all amped up about the new kit, but give it a bit of time for the conversions to start leaking out. Interest is there, but it is a slow boil in countries with less recreational cash.

As for my comment about the economy, well, lots of people around the WORLD bought a LOT of old BMP kits and LOTS of aftermarket. They are having a hard time justifying throwing all of that away for new conversions on the new kit GIVEN the state of the WORLD economy. Many Russians right now would rather work with what they have rather than going all new...which stifles Sergej's main market.

Things are in the pipe-line, no worries.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 02:18 PM UTC
Something else that should be considered is the amount of time required for the research and development of a full interior, or even a partial interior for that matter, in a BMP-1. That is a heck of a lot of detail and a lot of material to be creating. It's not as simple as PE, exterior replacement parts, or even entire upper or lower superstructures.
Toothfairy
Visit this Community
Russia
KitMaker: 13 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2013 - 04:18 AM UTC
From Russia with love. Pirate version AEF.
http://www.ruscale.ru/product/545-a094-interer-bmp-1/
http://www.ruscale.ru/product/545-a095-interer-bmp-2-135/
or ask here
Заказы напрямую, без наценки [email protected]
 _GOTOTOP