_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Vietnam
For Vietnam diorama subjects or techniques.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Where is charly ?
prizuttu
Visit this Community
Corse-du-Sud, France
KitMaker: 39 posts
Armorama: 35 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2013 - 04:27 AM UTC
hi,
My last work is a small diorama with a Ford Mutt (academy) and masterbox figure (Charly on the left)...

More pics => http://uss-prizuttu.blogspot.fr/2013/03/where-is-charlie.html
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,661 posts
Armorama: 2,764 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2013 - 11:00 PM UTC
I like your groundwork here, and your painting skills are great, I don't like the amount the jeep hangs over the edge, it seems too much for me. Its nice to see some of the masterbox sets being built up!
Mark
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 554 posts
Armorama: 461 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 07:52 AM UTC
Very dynamic scene! the sense of movement is portrayed in different ways. I guess one should see this vignette irl to really appreciate it.

Mark
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 08:06 AM UTC
I've been waiting to see this set built. It looks like the guy on the Browning is about to fall off. I do like that the jeep hangs off the edge. I think it gives more of a sense of motion.
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 09:16 AM UTC
I did the figures awhile back and your right Matt,the gunner just doesn't fit right.He has to be pretty much out of the Mutt to work at all.I had posts back that it would have been very rare that a gun that size would ever be mounted on a Mutt to start.Maybe a mistake on MB's research.He's been put aside to maybe wait for a tank or guntruck.I replaced him with a Dragon fig from the stash,still a good kit for the money. Philippe,still a very nice piece of work.Nice touch with the drivers hat coming off.

Tom

photo 009-6.jpg  photo 010-5.jpg  photo 014-5.jpg
 _GOTOTOP