_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Finished M1151
Audren_Dbo
Visit this Community
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
KitMaker: 69 posts
Armorama: 57 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 06:24 PM UTC
Reading the post of yufkey70 building log of his M1151, I mentioned my own build, but I noticed I forgot to post my finished model.

Unfortunatelly, I don't have any picture of the build.

The kit is the Academy M1151 #13415, excepted of a few scratch details and some gear from US Modern Vehicle Equipment Set #35266, it's OOB.

The construction is straight foward and runs with no problems, the fit is very good. Some PE will add more detail if you want. The drawback of the kit is the turret OGPK, with ejector pin marks very visible, one aftermarket here is very recomended.
I coiled wire to replace the springs of the suspension, and modify the front axles to steer the wheels. Add wiring to the interior, radio and bluetracker. The ration boxes, coca boxes and maps are printed by me, the blue toolbox was scratch build from spare parts, some os the ammo boxes are resin copies from tamyia set, all fastener straps are lead foil.
Following my references, I added a basket's ammo on rear of the turret and a mount for SAW in the right side, and additional water cans in the rear, on racks above the back wheels. Believe or not, I loose the duke antenna (??:-???) and scratch one replacement.
I sanded the wheels to add weight. No primer was applied. I (normally) use handcraft paints mixed to match colors and airbrush then thinned with "window cleaner":|. Filters and oil washes come next, and after a coat of matte varnish, comes the weathering with pastels.

One of the inspirations:

Here is the result (the pics is from 99% finished model):

In the near future, this kit will be starring in a diorama.

Well guys, comments and critics are welcome.
One more time, sorry for my english errors.

See ya. Tchau!!!

Audren Dbó
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 09:06 PM UTC
Looks great Audren! A very nice well-used example... all the extras and the weathering really finishes it to perfection.
AirCav79
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 16 posts
Armorama: 15 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 12:00 AM UTC
Some great job you did there... gives me some ideas for the M1151 that's still on my to-do list ;-)
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 08:47 AM UTC
Exellent job.Nice detailing,great work on the wiring and the strapping on the back stowage.

Tom
 _GOTOTOP