Hosted by Darren Baker
North Keroa DF-21 Ballistic Missile Launcher
WilliamDeCicco
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 392 posts
Armorama: 373 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 02:54 PM UTC
Did china export any of these to there North Keroa little brother but I think there part of china but they still want to be thought of a nuclear power. I wanted to get one of these and now it would be a fun build a DF-21 Ballistic Missile Launcher.

Happy Modeling
William DeCicco
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 03:23 PM UTC
No. You'll have to build it as Chinese.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 - 02:36 AM UTC
(Wheww!) What a relief! Don't let an idiot play with guns! (I know this is not a political forum but I just couldn't resist)
WilliamDeCicco
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 392 posts
Armorama: 373 posts
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 - 12:26 PM UTC
I never new I thought they didn't but they're so close like the old USSR buffer states had missiles so I thought they might have. China is there biggest ally and I read they China has under a 100 of them. Using them as there defensive super aircraft carrier missile destroyer. I couldn't find any news on it only spec's of the missile and some history.

Thanks very appreciative.
William DeCicco
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 - 03:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I never new I thought they didn't but they're so close like the old USSR buffer states had missiles so I thought they might have. China is there biggest ally and I read they China has under a 100 of them. Using them as there defensive super aircraft carrier missile destroyer. I couldn't find any news on it only spec's of the missile and some history.

Thanks very appreciative.
William DeCicco

Actually the original DF-21 is a standard MRBM- the DF-21D is the Anti-Shipping version. The Chinese have indeed helped prop up the DPRK both in military and civilian material as well as various and sundry other things like food and cheap electronics. I would say the DF-21 may have been on the DPRK's 'Must Buy' list but the Chinese would not have wanted, in the post Mao era at least, to sell them such a weapon- especially considering it took an awful long time for the Chinese to develop and then deploy it. (Also, just while I'm saying this, it is interesting to note that Kim Jong-Il era rhetoric in North Korea was often quite anti-Chinese- mostly emphasizing their turn away from a purely Communist economic model to a capatalist one- the Korean ideaology of Jucheism was used in some ways to critize the path the Chinese were/are walking. Relations between the two countries are cordial, but their ties are firmly rooted in a past that China is rapidly moving away from and the relations are not as cozy as they were- China fears that if the DPRK collapsed hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions, of Koreans would cross the border with China to the ethnically Korean areas of Sourthern China, upsetting further an already economically quite poor region. Thus, propping up the DPRK, for China, is perhaps one way of making the best of a very difficult and un-certain situation.)

Still, putting a DF-21 in DPRK colors might make a nice 'what if' piece.
 _GOTOTOP