_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Vietnam Dio Started
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 07:55 PM UTC
i ve started the building of my Vietnam Dio for the cover up campaighn an last. Will include a M113 Vietnam Version and of course figures male and !! female heheheh.
Its the early stages of building walls and ruins from my own molds of artist's plaster . Made some sandbags from epoxyputty to support the trench pit i have made .
By tha way does any body can tell me the price of the epoxy putty u use to make the sandbags cause i pay about 5.30$ for a tube piece of 8cm length and about 2cm diameter and i think is expensive enough for makin 20 sandbags or so . Is there any other available material doing the same job in larger packing, but even if there is i am afraid i wont find it in Greece...any way.
If you wanna see some more pics of the dio started check my gallery at the album for Vietnam Dio
Thanks
bracomadar
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 410 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 02:03 AM UTC
Looking good. Man, with all of us building Nam dios lately, we should have had a campaign going #:-)
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 02:19 AM UTC
As far as alternates for sandbags go.... I use Sculpy modeling clay. I don't know if you can get it in Greece. I know you can mail order it though.
It comes in 2"x2"x.25" blocks for about $.50 to $.80 a block. I guess if MO it you have to watch out for shipping charges.
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 09:18 AM UTC
i've done a lot of nam dio's and i found the same problem.my alternative to milliput was d.a.s. it's a lot cheaper but gives the same results.just remember to let it dry a couple of days because the outside will feel dryin a few hours but if you paint it then you'll find the moisture gets locked in and it will start to fall apart when you don't want it to.
Fritz
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 495 posts
Armorama: 140 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 05:28 PM UTC
I ain't sure if this product exists in Greece but I use Pioneer Marine, Non-sag, 2 part epoxy. It costs $ 2.00 a pint. It comes in a thicker-than-toothpaste consistency but I let it dry for 5 mins. or until it gets to "clay" consistency then I start to work.
 _GOTOTOP