Clear water resin base
Curtisl21
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 51 posts
Armorama: 49 posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 - 01:32 AM UTC
Hello all
I'm about to make a vietnam diorama, the seals are infiltrating a vc riverside hut
My base is chipboard and I'm wondering before I start will the resin eat away at the chip board
If so what is the appropriate base to use
Thanks
Curtis
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 - 04:32 AM UTC
Hey Curtis,I assume that you will be covering the base of the river bed with some plaster type and or paint. I use enviro-tex resin and never had a reaction to the painted bottoms of my streams or river beds. But not knowing what product you are useing, try a test first, small extra part of your base, and see what happens. That way you know what to expect and wont loose your model or river bottom.
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 - 09:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Curtis,I assume that you will be covering the base of the river bed with some plaster type and or paint. I use enviro-tex resin and never had a reaction to the painted bottoms of my streams or river beds. But not knowing what product you are useing, try a test first, small extra part of your base, and see what happens. That way you know what to expect and wont loose your model or river bottom.

Same as Bob,
Enviro-tex is a little more on the pricey side,but I've never had any problems using it.

Tom
Curtisl21
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 51 posts
Armorama: 49 posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 - 09:33 AM UTC
Thanks for your replys I will be doing
Thanks
 _GOTOTOP