_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
ZS-82
gomz24
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 83 posts
Armorama: 77 posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 - 06:25 PM UTC
This is a Dragon Models BRDM-2 kit that is converted into the ZS-82 propaganda and agitation vehicle.
What it has is a huge speaker on top of the turret that broadcasts propaganda and other stuff.
The kit was modified from the basic BRDM-2 kit by removing the mahineguns, modifying the gun mantlet and installing the speakers.
The speakers are made from sheet styrene.
Canvas covers were done using tissue paper dipped with a solution of white glue and water.

The kit is painted in the Soviet War in Afghanistan scheme.
I based it from this photo:

The kit is finished using Tamiya acrylics and weathered with AK Interactive washes and filters; MIG productions and Vallejo pigments.
The splotches, dirt and mud were done by diluting tamiya acrylic deck tan + dark yellow with alcohol then blowing it on the vehicle using a paint brush and the air from the spraywork airbursh.
The accesories are from spares.
Chains are from cheap women accesories while the banner is made from aluminum foil painted with primer and then Tamiya Flat Red.
The script is handpainted and is written using Vallejo paint.

The splotches were done by diluting tamiya acrylic deck tan + dark yellow with alcohol then blowing it on the vehicle using a paint brush and the air from the spraywork airbursh.

Enjoy comrades!:D

gomz

Here are the WIP pics summary:

cheers!

gomz
Jimmy812
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 57 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 12:30 AM UTC
Hi,

I like your ZS-82 very much. It's always good to see such an special vehicle realised in an model. The camouflage and the dirt on the vehicle looks very authentic. What does the script on the banner mean. I konw these banners from photos taken during the retreat. Were they used also during other occaisions.
gomz24
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013 - 02:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi,

I like your ZS-82 very much. It's always good to see such an special vehicle realised in an model. The camouflage and the dirt on the vehicle looks very authentic. What does the script on the banner mean. I konw these banners from photos taken during the retreat. Were they used also during other occaisions.

thanks a lot Jimmy! Its a rare variant of the BRDM but I really want to make one so I improvised it on a cheapo Dragon Kit so it wouldn't hurt if I messed up:) hehe! The script says 'Long Live The Republic' as this is a propaganda vehicle and youre right that there are pictures of Russian AFVs sporting these banners during the withdrawal thanks again and more power!

Cheers!

Gomz
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013 - 03:57 AM UTC
looks very intresting, and beautifully made it!

only thing I'm not fan of, is the dirt on the trackpart of the tyres?
Is this going to sit on a small vignet?

great cammo, was shocked by the black/white pics, but in colour it looks MUCH better

greetz
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 03:55 AM UTC
Thats a fantastic build- I've never seen this variant before in a photo or in plastic so this is awesome- very well detailed on the loudspeakers and the camo scheme plus the red banner adds a neat splash of color.
gomz24
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 05:26 PM UTC
thanks KArl and JointhaPit!
Yup it can probably sit on a small vignette, I have spare foamboards at home. Maybe I can use that as a small base to make it into a vignette:) thanks for the idea!:D

Karl yup I just saw this variant a few months ago and I pondered if i can do this on one of my BRDMs (I have 4 of these babies so it wasnt bad to convert one) hahaha!:D

Thanks again guys!

Cheers mate!

gomz
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 07:25 PM UTC
Unusual subject matter. I like it. The only thing that really jumps out at me is, the chain toward the right of the sign. It seems to be floating. Great work on the speaker!
gomz24
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 04:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Unusual subject matter. I like it. The only thing that really jumps out at me is, the chain toward the right of the sign. It seems to be floating. Great work on the speaker!

Thank you chief!:D yup will do fix that I might replace the thread with a lighter gauge like sewing thread of sort thanks again for the kind words!

cheers!
gomz
 _GOTOTOP