Hosted by Darren Baker
Build-Log. IBG's Bedford
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 - 04:13 AM UTC
This is an addition to the In-Box review which will be published shortly. Sincé starting this build, some additional comments are necessary regarding the model.

1) The sprue attachment points are FAR too thick. Frequently, I had to use my razor saw rather tan my sprue-cutter to take them off.

2)The plastic is a similar kind to that used bt Masterbox. It is, IMO, a liitle soft and care should be exercised in not 'tearing' parts.

3) instructions are goodbut, perhaps a Little dark in some images. Some 'toning-down' and better definition is desirable in future releases?

Onto the first stages of the build. As usual, it's a series of sub-assemblies (31 in total).

Step 1. Wheels. Simplicity itelf, simply put the two halves together and glue. However, I got an annoying gap between the two halves. I coorected this using Mig Production's Acrylic Paste, smearing the excess off with my finger and then when dry, using a gente touch with wet & dry paper.

Step 2. Radiator. No problems, no comments necessary.

Step 3. Towing Bracket. again, bit of cleanong up and the first sacrifice to the Carpet gods when the hook went AWOL. I replaced it with another rom the Spares box...

Step 4. Cab roof. I will be doing the versión with the AA hatch, so, some research necessay on the tarpaulin cover...

Steps 5 - 7. Engine. I probably won't be using it, but I built in nevertheless. Nicely detailed although some cabling would improve the detail...

Steps 9-11. Cab Interior. Only problem here was the alignment of the Wheel arches which really should be better explained.

Stage 18. Spare Wheel/Fuel Tank Rack. Again, simply a question o careful alignment. A lttle tricky to keep everything square and together but reasonably straightforward.

Stage 20. Sub-Frame (Chassis) Unlike many manufacturers, IBG have chosen to slightly over-engineer this part by breaking it down into 11 pieces PLUS Sub-Assembly 3. It's again a Little tricky getting the alignment correct although the location points are well-defined and it goes together easily if you build one side at a time and make sure everything's square.

So, that's up to date. Next stage will be finishing the next 4 sub-assembles for teh Chassis and making a start on the cargo bed.

Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,322 posts
Armorama: 1,239 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 - 04:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This is an addition to the In-Box review which will be published shortly. Sincé starting this build, some additional comments are necessary regarding the model.

1) The sprue attachment points are FAR too thick. Frequently, I had to use my razor saw rather tan my sprue-cutter to take them off.

2)The plastic is a similar kind to that used bt Masterbox. It is, IMO, a liitle soft and care should be exercised in not 'tearing' parts.

3) instructions are goodbut, perhaps a Little dark in some images. some 'toning-down' and better definition is desirable in future releases?

Onto the first stages of the build.

Dear Jim,
Thanks for your review and now your build!

Are you going to build this truck " Out of the Box" ?

And have you already heard though the grapevine when the artillery version is coming? ( yes, I know: some people are never satisfied , but it is the artillery blood in me.........................)

Thanks and don't make us wait too long to see the first real construction.

Paul
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 - 04:47 AM UTC
Paul, yes, t's really going to be a simple out-of-the box build but there will have to be some updates (Windscreen wipers etc.)

I'm planning on doing some more tomorrow, so, hopefully it won't be TOO long for instalment # 2...
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 - 11:18 AM UTC
The Review has now been posted and can be seen:

http://armorama.com/review/8894
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,425 posts
Armorama: 4,659 posts
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013 - 04:19 AM UTC
Nice to see you building again Jim! Will be following this one with interest.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013 - 04:50 AM UTC
Hi Jim,

Off to a good start, I'll be following with interest,

Al
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013 - 11:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice to see you building again Jim! Will be following this one with interest.

I second both sentiments.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013 - 12:14 PM UTC
Tomorrow, i'll have another 'instalment' with a couple more stages completed. It's tonite's cliffhanger as they are steps which are, IMO, pretty badly designed. Accurate yes, but a tad over-engineered to be really comfortable...

So, for that, you'll have to wait until I post the pics....
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 - 04:39 AM UTC
Hi Jim,

Still hanging on that cliff or did you fall down?

Curious about your progress. Pls., do not make us wait any longer.
Looking forward to see some steps more.
Thanks in advance,

Paul
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2013 - 07:07 AM UTC
Hi Jim,

Are you able, please, to show us the rest of the build? Would be great.
Thanks in advance.
 _GOTOTOP