_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
The Holy Man
jcktheripper
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 - 01:19 PM UTC
I'm pretty close to being finished with my latest diorama effort, so I thought I'd post it here. I bought Bronco's 1/35 scale 25 Pdr SP Bishop with No.27 limber on sale for $28 last fall and decided to make a scene for it.
Construction was a long process. The model had many fiddly bits for the gun and interior, and some of the fits were less than excellent. I painted with a combination of Tamiya and Vallejo acrylics, weathering with oil washes, filters, tile grout, and pigments.
I made some desert groundwork with pre-mixed grout and pigments, adding some rocks and pebbles made from Celluclay. I scratchbuilt a telephone pole and added broken wires made from stretched sprue after seeing a photo of such an object online. My aim is to put the self-propelled gun next to an abandoned German artillery position, so I added some spent shell casings and wicker ammunition cases.
I plan on adding some crew figures from Verlinden, inspecting the engine. I'll also buy some sandbags and photo-etched barbed wire to complete the abandoned emplacement.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 - 10:36 PM UTC
Welcome to Armorama Jasper.Looking forward to the images.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013 - 01:38 AM UTC
Sounds like a great idea,
J
jcktheripper
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 05:43 AM UTC
I have yet to attach a few small details, and the corners of the base are sawed off because I am going to add some rock texturing.

_GOTOTOP