_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
Hobby Fan Crews Bofors
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 11:21 PM UTC
A new 1/35 scale figure set has been announced by Hobby Fan ready to crew a US anti-aircraft gun.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 03:35 AM UTC
What jackets are they wearing? It's not the Parsons - Parsons didn't have breast pockets. It's not M43 because it's too short and no skirt pockets. Is this a 'hybrid what-if'? Or just an error ?
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 03:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What jackets are they wearing? It's not the Parsons - Parsons didn't have breast pockets. It's not M43 because it's too short and no skirt pockets. Is this a 'hybrid what-if'? Or just an error ?

To me they look like HBT fatigue uniforms. Here's some info on them from at the front and a pic from Oive Drab showing the breast pocket with pleats
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 03:53 AM UTC
OIC!
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 - 11:56 PM UTC
The figures look a bit stiff ... especially the standing figures and why are they all dressed the same and all have the sacks hanging identically on their left sides? Not much imagination went into these figures. Dissappointing considering they´re not cheap, in my opinion.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 12:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The figures look a bit stiff ... especially the standing figures and why are they all dressed the same and all have the sacks hanging identically on their left sides? Not much imagination went into these figures. Dissappointing considering they´re not cheap, in my opinion.

You're right Frank they look like they are on manouevres stateside or under inspection. You very rarely see in action pics of US troops so trim and properly dressed
jowady
KitMaker: 1,027 posts
Armorama: 683 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 03:19 PM UTC
I'm not sure what they are wearing. I have a few photos from when my Dad was in an AAA (AW) Battalion with 40mms and some from when he was in a 90mm unit. The 40mm was stateside, the 90 was when he was in Iceland and NWE. None of those photos show those bags, whatever they are. If it a stateside unit they should probably shouldn't have the cartridge belts for the M1s. I could be wrong, its just that I don't see it in the photos. Maybe its some sort of Pacific or USMC gear?
FirstMass
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 252 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 03:56 PM UTC
Those "sacks hanging identically on their left sides" are gas mask bags that were seldom worn. Artillery crews -- especially while serving their piece -- would also not have been wearing Garand ammunition belts. This isn't a set I'll be buying.
 _GOTOTOP