_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Campaigns
Group builds and online competetions. Join the fun!
Hosted by Darren Baker
Heavy Mortar "THOR" somewhere in Russia
ANT1969
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 216 posts
Armorama: 216 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 12:12 AM UTC
This is my latest and (until now) biggest diorama. I finished it in last month. This is 100% Trumpeter - Mörser, Munitionsschlepper IV and figures too. Here I used it first Vallejo "Still Water" and Vallejo "Grey Pumice" for puddle and mud effects.

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 01:36 AM UTC
Fantastic work! My only constructive criticism is, the base it too well manicured. Looks like they just drove on to the fairway, at the local golf course. But, still much better than my attempt. It sits on the shelf, but only because I don't throw away kits.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 02:35 AM UTC
Everything is nicely done, (especially the mud) but as muddy as that base is, as seen by the tracks left by the motorcycle, I think we would expect to see a lot more mud on the soldiers' boots and the walkways on the vehicles. As a biker, I can say that the bike and rider would certainly be covered in mud.
On a technical note, it appears that one soldier is elevating the tube while the ramming operation is still going on. I'm not quite sure it worked that way. Even if Trumpeter made all of those figures in one set, they might not always be used together.
ANT1969
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 04:12 AM UTC
Thanks! The ground covered with Busch "grass carpet" like this.

Maybe I should have enrich it.
ANT1969
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 04:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Everything is nicely done, (especially the mud) but as muddy as that base is, as seen by the tracks left by the motorcycle, I think we would expect to see a lot more mud on the soldiers' boots and the walkways on the vehicles. As a biker, I can say that the bike and rider would certainly be covered in mud.
On a technical note, it appears that one soldier is elevating the tube while the ramming operation is still going on. I'm not quite sure it worked that way. Even if Trumpeter made all of those figures in one set, they might not always be used together.

I shall correct the mud. Do you think of this soldier?

Possibly may I remove it. Although it will difficult trackless.
pantherkid
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 35 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 12:05 PM UTC
Antel, Your dio looks super, I leave the man there, he lowering the gun to be reloading. Good luck on your next project. Rick
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 12:25 PM UTC
Rick,
The gun is reloading, that's the potential problem here. The breech is open, and the rammer has the round almost fully seated. In looking at the design, this is not like,say an M109 series gun where the rammer is attached to the breech end of the gun and you can ram the projo at different angles. Here the rammer is not integral to the gun, so I'm fairly certain the round has to be rammed with the tube fully depressed.

Antal, as for the circled guy, he wasn't the one I was talking about, but it does appear that the crank he is turning is connected via a gearbox to the main elevation wheel. (A fine adjustment perhaps, where the larger wheel is for gross adjustments?) In my opinion neither crewman would be elevating the tube until the rammer is withdrawn.

Funny, spellcheck does not like the word "rammer."
ANT1969
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 09:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Antel, Your dio looks super, I leave the man there, he lowering the gun to be reloading. Good luck on your next project. Rick

Thanks very much, Rick.
ANT1969
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 09:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Rick,
The gun is reloading, that's the potential problem here. The breech is open, and the rammer has the round almost fully seated. In looking at the design, this is not like,say an M109 series gun where the rammer is attached to the breech end of the gun and you can ram the projo at different angles. Here the rammer is not integral to the gun, so I'm fairly certain the round has to be rammed with the tube fully depressed.

Antal, as for the circled guy, he wasn't the one I was talking about, but it does appear that the crank he is turning is connected via a gearbox to the main elevation wheel. (A fine adjustment perhaps, where the larger wheel is for gross adjustments?) In my opinion neither crewman would be elevating the tube until the rammer is withdrawn.

Funny, spellcheck does not like the word "rammer."

Robert, thanks for your info but simply i can't do with this nothing. Let's think that the crewmen just prepare elevating the tube. (And sorry for my english.)
tommedic
Visit this Community
Komarom-Esztergom, Hungary
KitMaker: 10 posts
Armorama: 9 posts
Posted: Friday, April 19, 2013 - 12:22 AM UTC
Fantasztikus munka, gratulálok!
ANT1969
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 02:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Fantasztikus munka, gratulálok!

Köszönöm szépen!
strongarden
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 730 posts
Armorama: 624 posts
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 01:51 PM UTC
Real nice work Antal!
I like the coloring of your 'Thor' and agree about the base being maybe too clean.
Of special consideration for me, anyways, are the two officers doing nothing while the rest of the crew etc is hustling around! Very believable!
It's the small touch that can add so much more sometimes than the large object.
Cheers Dave
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 01:26 AM UTC
Awesome work Antal! Man... 2 builds in one dio!

Far better than anything I could do but I still want one of these monsters.

~ Jeff
ANT1969
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 07:12 AM UTC
Dave, Jeff, thanks very much!
ANT1969
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2013 - 09:26 PM UTC
Here I am again with the corrected dio. I add to the base "wild grass" and made some mud on the vehicles and motorcyle man.

wildsgt
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 327 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2013 - 09:35 PM UTC
OUTSTANDING
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 01:47 AM UTC
That is really a lot of work there. Lots of stuff going on in this dio. Looks great and a really nice subject as well,
J
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 717 posts
Armorama: 621 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 01:56 AM UTC
Excellent work here, thanks for sharing. I was impressed on the first iteration, and the "corrected" version just blows me away. Thanks for sharing!
ANT1969
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 08:24 PM UTC
Thanks very much.
 _GOTOTOP