_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Trumpeter Chaffee teacks
metalhead85
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 219 posts
Armorama: 169 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 07:48 AM UTC
Hi all,
Doea anyone know if the Trumpeter Chaffee tracks have any fit problems for the Italeri Chaffee? A friend of mine has them and I'm trying to find out if they presented any problems like fit etc,. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Rich M.
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 09:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi all,
Doea anyone know if the Trumpeter Chaffee tracks have any fit problems for the Italeri Chaffee? A friend of mine has them and I'm trying to find out if they presented any problems like fit etc,. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Rich M.

Run Away from them, they are the old Armour Track moulds BUT unlike the original they do not give you new Drvive Sprockets that fit them. The connecting pins were so soft in mine that I abandoned them after using almost all of them putting to gether ten links as they kept breaking and bending
They are an utter waste of money - get the fruil set which comes with Sprockets as well.
Al
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 09:27 AM UTC
I suspect Bronco Models will likely release their Chaffee track links separately before long. I will see if I can get that confirmed for you but no promises as they play things close to their chest.
metalhead85
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 10:48 AM UTC
Hi Darren,
Thanks for your quick reply. I never even knew that trumpy sold those- I'll pass on the info to my friend. I don't know what he paid for them but he is always trying to keep his armor projects cheap! He's a figure guy and always asks me stuff, so I try to steer him in the right direction-again thanks for your input!

Rich m.
metalhead85
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 10:50 AM UTC
OOps-sorry Al-- I meant to include you in my last post -thanks for your help !!
 _GOTOTOP