_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
When Trumpeter will release new T-72?
tgif06
Visit this Community
Seoul, Korea / 대한민국
KitMaker: 6 posts
Armorama: 5 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 07:00 AM UTC
Hi I'm new here in Armorama
And I'm interested in Sherman Tank and Russian AFV,
especially T-72.
Anyway is there someone who knows about when Trumpeter will release a new T-72?
I'm not talking about the old junky one with mineroller but newly tooled like T-62,T-64, and etc..
I'm really looking forward to news about Trumpeter's T-72.
Tank_builder
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 394 posts
Armorama: 351 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 07:21 AM UTC
Welcome to Armorama
As far as I know Trumpeter has not announced a T-72 family yet, last I heard they are going to do the T-80 family next, which isn't bad, we need some new ones. Maybe they'll announce one sometime in the future, and some new T-54/55s too. Other members here probably have better answers though.
-Seth
tgif06
Visit this Community
Seoul, Korea / 대한민국
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 07:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Welcome to Armorama
As far as I know Trumpeter has not announced a T-72 family yet, last I heard they are going to do the T-80 family next, which isn't bad, we need some new ones. Maybe they'll announce one sometime in the future, and some new T-54/55s too. Other members here probably have better answers though.
-Seth

Thanks for the information hope Trumpeter will announce them this year.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 09:30 AM UTC
Hi;

I dont think you will see a T-72 from anybody anytime soon,
there are five T-64s already too pick from.
Other than that, T-80s & T-90 thats about all !
With a Lil bit of work the Tamiya T-72 is the Best T-72 that you can get, and its a nice kit that can be built into many Mks;

CHEERS; MIKE.
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 09:45 AM UTC
isn't it sooooo depressing that all the firms say "we listen to the market, and to the modellers", ok T64 an 62 are very nice models, but now we have 3 firms announcing a T80, who knows how far they'll milk that cow,but I wonder why in *** name not a T72, trumpeter could easy do 5 versions of this one and have them sell like ....
if there is one T we need it's a T72,and please don't start with the first batch ones:)

greetz
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 10:33 AM UTC
Hi;
Gee Pit, your T-72 by Dragon dident look all that Bad
If you can make it look that Good whats wrong with that.
Now you dont want too take away all that Good Business from the
After-Market Boys,--Now Do We

CHEERS; MIKE.
RedStar
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 111 posts
Armorama: 33 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 11:18 AM UTC
Yeah, I don't know, given that they're running through all the other Soviet tanks of late with a slew of T-80s about to come, I'd just guess that they're steering around the T-72, as until just recently that Tamiya kit was really quite good, and can still be built (with just a little work) into a nice model - and with the hoard of aftermarket available, there's TONS of mods that you can do on that kit....

I'd guess that we'll see the remainder of the current families done, and then we'll start to see the T-72 re-addressed.... At the rate they're going, it won't take long.

Quoted Text

Hi;

I dont think you will see a T-72 from anybody anytime soon,
there are five T-64s already too pick from.
Other than that, T-80s & T-90 thats about all !
With a Lil bit of work the Tamiya T-72 is the Best T-72 that you can get, and its a nice kit that can be built into many Mks;

CHEERS; MIKE.

I have TWO T-64s, and am aware of a third coming in June - are the other two still on the TBD release list, or did I somehow miss something?

Just catching up
tgif06
Visit this Community
Seoul, Korea / 대한민국
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 11:42 AM UTC
Thanks for all replys here it helped me a lot
Maybe I should wait with patience until the Trumpeter release new T-72. Cause Tamiya's kit can only build East German service not the original Soviet one. And I don't have any skills to build up those massive variation of T-72
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 02:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

but now we have 3 firms announcing a T80

Who? X-act scale, Trumpeter, and...???
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 06:37 PM UTC
Jaques, the 3de party escapes me, but wasn't it panda or Kenetic, anyways, I was in the believe there were already 2 firms with a T80 "in progress" before I heard of the trumpeter one, could be internet overdose also with all them new kits flyin' out the factories of new firms

greetz
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 10:31 PM UTC
Just my 2 cents worth but I reckon Trumpeter will eventually do both a T-72 and a T-55. I look at it this way- the way they were releasing tank kits- like the T-62 and then the T-64 you would have thought the next logical step would have been the T-72 but perhaps they thought, since Tamiya have a fairly decent T-72 (that, as has been pointed out, you can basically modify to loads of variants with scratchbuilding and AM stuff), that a T-80 was a better bet since the only previous kits in 1/35 are not very good at all. Same goes for the T-55. I would say they will do them at some point, just not yet...have patience my friends... !
RedStar
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 111 posts
Armorama: 33 posts
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 02:59 AM UTC
Exactly, they are hitting the most needed subjects FIRST - the ancient Tamiya T-62 was AWFUL, the Skif T-64, while "accurate" was under-detailed (and I'm being generous here). The T-80s weren't any better than the other two. So they're working through the subjects that MOST needed new kits FIRST.

I can work around the T-72 right now, so I'd much rather see the subjects that are coming first.....

A BMP-2 family, along with some other never-done/all new subjects would continue to rank ahead of the T-72 - for now anyway...

Just my take!

(Still wondering what the other two T-64s are - and where they are announced)....
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 04:45 AM UTC
Remember, Trumpeter is mainly feeding a indigenous customer. They are reacting to want their largest customers want, or working to entice them with these new kits. So, they may have a few ides on what to put out, in what order, that differ from ours.

I predict that we will eventually see both the T-72 and T-54/55 families. I think the last one to be done will be the T-90 family. I also think we will start seeing Trumpeter move off into the true "Family" of vehicles...like things BASED on the T-80 chassis, or the BTR chassis (we have already seen a bit of this). How about stuff based on the 2S3 chassis? I think it is coming.

Trumpeter seems to like to really work those molds once they have them made.
 _GOTOTOP