_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Live Resin for Russian/Soviet Subjects
RedStar
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 111 posts
Armorama: 33 posts
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 06:16 AM UTC
In talking to Chris from CRM this weekend at the AMPS show, I was looking for a nice aftermarket DShK to mount on the turrent of my T-62BDD - he didn't have one to recommend for me at the show - but he did say that Yaroslav from Live Resin was looking for ideas.

I know that Yaroslav participates on the forum here, and that perhaps if we show our enthusiasm for the idea (as well as other Soviet/Russian small arm details) we might see some of that kind of thing coming from him soon!

So how about it - would you get a Live Resin DShK?

What else would be cool to see in the style of Live Resin?

I know there have been others, but Live Resin is really the gold standard, would love to those options for my projects!
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 06:29 AM UTC
Hi Paul;

How about the RPG-7 or either the B-11, B-12, 14.5mm all the Soviet Tank Ammo !!! etc,etc,etc Need I say More

CHEERS; MIKE.
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 07:04 AM UTC
Hello Paul,

i dont know if the DshK would be a good choice as Miniarm already does one in a great quality. Also the more modern NSVT and Kord is covered.

But it would be great to have such a variety of AKīs like they did with the american guns. But donīt forget the modern Akīs (100+ series) with all their nice gear (optics etc)
Also the RPG would be a great addition, but not only the classy RPG-7, also itīs more modern variants up to the RPG-32 if iīm correct. Seperate rockets would be awsome! We sure need more "up to date" russian guns, accessoires!

And while were at it, I would LOVE to have some ammo for the 125mm gun. (T-72,-80 and -90) And donīt forget their propelling charges, oh man, that would be awsome.

And I just love their latest figure releaeses! Up-to-date russian soldiers, special-forces with nice heavy configured AKīs and extra gear/body armour would be sick, and I mean that in a good way :-) I know ANT Productions already do some, but the market is big enough I guess.

Tank ammo and AK 100+ series are my favourites. Thanks for bringing this up, Paul.

Best regards,
Andreas
DerGeist
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 735 posts
Armorama: 707 posts
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 07:18 AM UTC
If they did the Soviet/Russian equivalents of all their current American stuff I would be a happy modeler. I'd love them to make a DShK and improvised tripod mount as seen on many Soviet AFV's in Afghanistan.

Erik
RedStar
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 07:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

i dont know if the DshK would be a good choice as Miniarm already does one in a great quality. Also the more modern NSVT and Kord is covered.

Fair point on the DShK, NSVT and Kord - HOWEVER, as the one poster pointed out, getting tripods and similar would be a nice touch for those!

In any case, getting Russian/Soviet small arms for our models would be GREAT to see!
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 07:36 AM UTC
Hi;

There is a kit of the Kord Heavy M.G. on the Market, its real nice and comes with the ground mount & three Figures.
Ive already built four and they are Great.

CHEERS; MIKE.
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 07:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Fair point on the DShK, NSVT and Kord - HOWEVER, as the one poster pointed out, getting tripods and similar would be a nice touch for those!

Agree 100%

All the best,
Andreas
RedStar
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 11:29 AM UTC
And BTW, getting Miniarm in the west is difficult (so far as I can tell). All the distributors are in Europe, and most are in Russia - where they typically require wiring money to make payment.

Live Resin was plentiful at the show this weekend, and is perhaps another reason why seeing them release some of these updates would be a good thing.

(Queue the "here's where you get Miniarm" comments)
jphillips
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 789 posts
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 01:50 PM UTC
Why no American distributors for this stuff, I wonder? Insufficient demand, maybe? In any case, I hope this isn't straying too far off topic, but I think some modern Russian/Cold War Soviet vehicle stowage sets would complement these figures and weapons nicely.
spetsnazgru
Visit this Community
Lebanon
KitMaker: 661 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 07:06 PM UTC
I really hope that Yaroslav would pay attention to Soviet/Russian stuff, I would like to see Live Resin doing AGS-17, NSV, AK-74 with silencer and GP-25, Spetsnaz figures from the Afghan war, RPG-7/16/18.
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 10:18 PM UTC
While I agree it would be excellent to see some Warsaw Pact and Russian equipment from Live Resin (I reckon Yaroslav will tool this stuff eventually) I always find TANK models to provide good quality Russian equipment from assault rifles to helmets.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 07:22 AM UTC
Hi;

A long Time Ago Dragon made a Soviet Weapons set that had all of the Aks and some of the others, i purchased two of the sets and they were pretty nice. But they stoped makeing it, maybe they will re-release it again. There were two seperate sprues with enough stuff for an entire group.

CHEERS; MIKE.
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 10:46 PM UTC
I was quite impressed with Zvezda's Russian Paratroopers in Afghanistan set- it had some great weapons in it including folding stock AK-74s, an RPD and a Dragunov- all really excellent moulds. I wish they'd do some more modern figure sets or perhaps a modern equipment set like the Dragon one Mike mentioned.
 _GOTOTOP