_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Vietnam
For Vietnam diorama subjects or techniques.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Hot pickup Vietnam diorama
csago
Visit this Community
La Rioja, Spain / España
KitMaker: 219 posts
Armorama: 205 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 12:07 AM UTC
Hello ¡¡¡

Until I could continue with my Low Level Hell diorama in my holidays house (in my home I had no place to work with it because is very big), I,m making the figures for my next dio.

Yhe story is about an aero rifle squad aboard a UH-1 coming to rescue the downed OH-6a crew of 3, under vietcong fire (the dead vietcong is the victim of a previus pass of fire of the OH-6).

All figures are from Dragon (dead vietcong from Masterbox) with some hornet heads. Of course, all 1/35 scale.

Comments welcome.

Santiago

18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 02:59 AM UTC
It's certainly shaping up nicely. It sort of reminds me of a 1:1 scale dio at the Fort Rucker Army Aviation Museum.
What's up with all the good Vietnam subjects lately?
mariointer
Visit this Community
Italy
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 57 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 07:32 AM UTC
Hi Santiago, your figures are fantastic, i am a nam figures lover ,but i prefer resin figures and enjoy trasforming them in new poses, but the works you usually did with plastic figures is fantastic indeed...many sincery congratulation....i follow,usually your nam dioramas, and they are special for ever!!!!

Now a question: from which commercial kit are the m60 bullet around the helmet of the firing grunt...and in which way you try to wrapped, in so perfect way, the bullet belt around the grunts body or helmets???

Waiting your answer, i say you good bye and thanks!!!
Please, show as your future evolution on these superb nam figures!!!!

Mario from italy.
csago
Visit this Community
La Rioja, Spain / España
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 09:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Santiago, your figures are fantastic, i am a nam figures lover ,but i prefer resin figures and enjoy trasforming them in new poses, but the works you usually did with plastic figures is fantastic indeed...many sincery congratulation....i follow,usually your nam dioramas, and they are special for ever!!!!

Now a question: from which commercial kit are the m60 bullet around the helmet of the firing grunt...and in which way you try to wrapped, in so perfect way, the bullet belt around the grunts body or helmets???

Waiting your answer, i say you good bye and thanks!!!
Please, show as your future evolution on these superb nam figures!!!!

Mario from italy.

Hello Mario, and thank you for your comments.

The ammo belts I used are all from Dragon kit "Vietnam weapons"; they are much more better than the ones of the Vietnam figures Dragon kits.

The solution to bent the belt is only patiente and heat it fist a little with a tugsten light from my table lamp. Of course first you had to clean out the belt with a blade.

It´s just a matter of patiente and a lot of belts ¡¡¡

About resin figures, I must say the Bravo 6 are wonderful, butI have an enormous stock of plastic Fragon figures, so I had to use then javascript:PasteSmiley(':D')

Happy modelling

Santiago
mariointer
Visit this Community
Italy
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 57 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 10:33 AM UTC
Hi Santiago, thanks a lot for your answer, but could you say which is thecode number of Dragon "vietnam weapons"...becouse i have the kit 3801 m167ar family, but i dont know other...by the moment i try to realize many nam dioramas i need so much same more bullet m60 belt....!!!

I know, if you have many dragon kit for your transformation you nedd to use these before buy same ore resin kit.....but i suggest you for your transformation the DTOYS kit of nam accessories, the Bravo6 kits for boonie hat and helmetand the Tank nam helmets kit....they could improve more your dragon figures: boots, helmets, haversack,water bottle ecc ecc!!

Bye bye

Mario from Italy.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 10:45 AM UTC
Trying to learn everything I can, about figures. I'm following.
csago
Visit this Community
La Rioja, Spain / España
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2013 - 03:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Santiago, thanks a lot for your answer, but could you say which is thecode number of Dragon "vietnam weapons"...becouse i have the kit 3801 m167ar family, but i dont know other...by the moment i try to realize many nam dioramas i need so much same more bullet m60 belt....!!!

I know, if you have many dragon kit for your transformation you nedd to use these before buy same ore resin kit.....but i suggest you for your transformation the DTOYS kit of nam accessories, the Bravo6 kits for boonie hat and helmetand the Tank nam helmets kit....they could improve more your dragon figures: boots, helmets, haversack,water bottle ecc ecc!!

Bye bye

Mario from Italy.

Mario, the kit was in the market at the same time of the M-16 family, AK-47 and HK family.The kit has some M-60 with ammo belts (normal, short barrel, helicopter model), M14, M79, M16, FN fal, Stoners, Itaca guns, etc... I dont remember the reference number, but just type "Vietnam weapons Dragon kit" in google.

Happy modelling

Santiago
Stefan1580
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 360 posts
Armorama: 354 posts
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2013 - 01:38 AM UTC
Hi Santiago,

nice to see some new work from you. Your last dio was awsome and your start on this one looks very good too. The use of Hornet heads improve the quality a lot. I use more Resin Figures for this and convert them like Mario. Very nice work and want to see more :-).

@Mario: nice to see or better read you here my friend :-).
The kit Number of the Vietnam War Infantry Weapons set is 3818. It is OOP for some time and only aviable at ebay some times for horrible prices. I have it twice and it is a pitty that Dragon don´t re-release it. The weapons are great done and for me it was a real treasure to get the FN FAL rifles. These are the best in 1/35. The sprues in old sets are in that dark color like the M60 ammo belt around helmet.The newer Production kits are made in breight grey
Much better to see all Details for painting. Every weapon in this kit come twice.

Here is a link were you can see the cover and the sprues with all weapons in that set:

Vietnam War Infantry weapons

bye, bye

Stefan
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,380 posts
Armorama: 845 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 - 08:00 PM UTC
a very nice start. As promising as your previous jobs !!
Very nice result, neat and clean, with the dragon figures.
Eager to see more..

Julien
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,380 posts
Armorama: 845 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 - 08:01 PM UTC
ps : where did you find the ammo belt for the mahcine gun ? They seem to be flexible, unlike the one from Dragon...
Best,
Julien
csago
Visit this Community
La Rioja, Spain / España
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 - 10:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

ps : where did you find the ammo belt for the mahcine gun ? They seem to be flexible, unlike the one from Dragon...
Best,
Julien

Hello Julien, thank you for your comments. Check the above post for the ammo belts, they are just Dragon plastic ones from "Vietnam weapons" kit (much more better than the ones of figures kits).

Happy modelling ¡¡¡
 _GOTOTOP