_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
Photosniper: Chieftain
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 07:41 AM UTC
Michal Sindera reviews one of the recently published books from Kagero Publishing "Photosniper" series, This issue focuses on the famous British MBT - the Chieftain, preseting its versions from prototype to Mk.11.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 07:44 AM UTC
Nice review Michal it is just a pity that they put such an unreliable engine in it or it could have been another winner like the Centurion.
TankSGT
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 946 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 07:51 AM UTC
I picked up this book because I have Rob's other 2 books and he knows his stuff. It"s a book for modelers by a modeler. He's also a tanker as we Yanks say so he knows his stuff when it comes to armor and Chieftans in particular. Now if only someone made a kit worthy of his books.

Tom
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 08:16 AM UTC
Very nice book!

I wish they had made an episode of 'Tank Overhaul' with the Chieftain like they did for the Centurion. I mean afterall, it was the bigger brother and the forefather of the Challenger tank.

~ Jeff
Keef1648
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,240 posts
Armorama: 1,192 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 08:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I picked up this book because I have Rob's other 2 books and he knows his stuff. It"s a book for modelers by a modeler. He's also a tanker as we Yanks say so he knows his stuff when it comes to armor and Chieftans in particular. Now if only someone made a kit worthy of his books.

Tom

I heard a rumor at the Atlanta AMPS show last weekend that Meng may be tinkering with one, dunno how true that is though... OK Meng, what have you to say?

I did bend the AFV Club representatives ear ref. a Chieftain model but I don't think they have one in the pipeline at this point in time.

What I don't understand is why Tamiya doesn't update their old one (new sprues) or just do a new one...

Keith.
TankSGT
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 946 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 11:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Tom

I heard a rumor at the Atlanta AMPS show last weekend that Meng may be tinkering with one, dunno how true that is though... OK Meng, what have you to say?

I did bend the AFV Club representatives ear ref. a Chieftain model but I don't think they have one in the pipeline at this point in time.

What I don't understand is why Tamiya doesn't update their old one (new sprues) or just do a new one...

Keith.

Ahmen brother, your lips to the model gods ears.
Tom
 _GOTOTOP