_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Sherman 14
Bowman18
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 317 posts
Armorama: 286 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2013 - 10:03 PM UTC
Hi all, created this from a picture I found in a book. I know the tracks are pointing in different directions so that has be fixed.... also the weathering is still going on at the min got a dust layer to add and then blend it all together. Anyway.... any questions and comments are welcome.

(Sorry for the bad photos)

Phil B

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2013 - 12:52 AM UTC
That looks great! My only CC is that you should fill the gaps around where the front, light guards join the hull. Oh, and it's just MHO that the crew appear a bit yellow. Is the weathering, on the turred stippled on?
Bowman18
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2013 - 01:05 AM UTC
Thanks Matt, I agree with the light guards..... something I overlooked...... to excited to get some paint on it.lol The crew are a not so yellow in real life I think it was the lighting. The weathering on the turret is mainly done with a sponge or two, a rough one and a smoother one by building up the colour. Sand base, then green and then a very faint steelish shade after that it was streaking with model air sand and wipe off with a sponge.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2013 - 01:15 AM UTC
really nice job on your chipping and weathering
Bowman18
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2013 - 01:25 AM UTC
Thanks Anthony, I am playing with idea of creating a blog based on the weathering techniques I use, e.g. chipping, streaking with model air paints, graphite powder and the like. All of which would be a very simple and easy to use format of step by steps with plenty of pics and a rate that would allow fellow modellers to follow along with their projects. (EDIT) Forgot to say it would probably be on this site as well as an external blogging site.(EDIT)
 _GOTOTOP