_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
Modern 1/35th US Soldiers
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 11:52 AM UTC
Blackdog has had a busy month of releases with this being 1 of 5 areas that has new products. In this news article we take a look at two new 1/35th scale Military figures available as individuals or as a pair.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2013 - 03:25 PM UTC
Okay, once again, I'm going to go out on a limb here and talk about something I have a modicum of experience with...

Regarding the figure shooting offhand - the detail is excellent. There's some very fine sculpting going on there.
The problem is that whoever posed for it doesn't look comfortable at all.
Fights begin from your base- your legs: fist fight, gun fight, snowball fight, it makes no difference. This guy is off balance. A right handed shooter is normally going to shoot with his left foot slightly forward, in a fighting stance. If he's walking toward the target (something we teach) it might explain the awkward looking stance, but not really. He'd still be on the balls of his feet, torso bent slightly forward, body armor toward the target. He left arm is to far out, and the butt stock into tucked into the pocket of his shoulder.
Unfortunately many shooters in the army are equally uncomfortable when they shoot, so that may explain the pose.
I like Black Dog's products, and again, this is a nicely done figure, but I think it could look a little more like shooter than a guy with a rifle, since that's what it's called.
I do like the fact that it apparently has a flip up front sight, something my own rig has. I don't think I've seen that in model form before.
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2013 - 06:07 PM UTC
Thanks for the feedback Rob. Hopefully guys from BlackDog (and other companies producing modern figures) are listening...

As for the figure, I thought his pose is more of "observing the perimeter"... The buttstock is not on the shoulder, his left arm is not holding the forward grip tightly, etc. Besides the title says those are Scouts. On the other hand, his right finger is on the trigger, so I'm not sure what exactly did the sculptor try to convey with the pose.

Mario
spartan01
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 314 posts
Armorama: 244 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 01:41 AM UTC
what is the one guy trying to put on the ground
Is it an explosive or what???
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 01:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

what is the one guy trying to put on the ground
Is it an explosive or what???

It is a reconaissance drone.
spartan01
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 314 posts
Armorama: 244 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 01:58 AM UTC
oh ok
Trisaw
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 05:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

oh ok

It is a "throw-bot drone"...throw it through a window and it drops on the ground and rolls towards the objective. Basically it's a box on tank threads.

I agree with the opinions regarding the shooter. However, there are many other modern U.S. resin shooting figures today that would suit the modelers needs.
amoz02t
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 1,383 posts
Armorama: 1,281 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 03:43 PM UTC
Some good sales videos out for the throwbot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=whDbu2jWN9c

and here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpagee=player_embedded&v=ZE-5pJ_Iy2g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yohWIfy_zNk&feature=player_detailpage
 _GOTOTOP