_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
BTR-70 Afghanistan Diorama WIP-Almost Done
vivkulan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 143 posts
Armorama: 98 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 02:39 AM UTC
This is my first Armor Diorama I ever built. BTR-70 with Soviet troops is depicted in this diorama.Used DML kit and figures. Still working on the terrain and adding detials like ammo, stowage , tarp etc. Any comments , feedback welcome

Thanks
Vivek
didgeboy
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,846 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 02:51 AM UTC
Nice. Well done for a first time. You might add some weights to the BTR so thsat it does not "float" off the terrain. Or if you have some extra loose ground you can add it around the wheels to make the vehicle looks like it has weight to it. All in all well done, though. Cheers.
vivkulan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 02:52 AM UTC
Thanks for the suggestion.Will correct it. Appreciate it
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 05:28 AM UTC
Nice "start"for your diorama. You should add some ties for the jerrycans and the fuel drum and try a wash to enhance the details of the uniforms. You can also consider giving some angle to the BTR to avoid it being parallel to the base.
HTH
Olivier

vivkulan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 05:54 AM UTC
I did wash the uniforms with oil+ Tuerpenoid. Does it look too clean?? Any suggestions on what color and technique to wash the uniforms? Also , can I use masking tapes for the tie down ropes or may be a sewing thread?
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 06:38 AM UTC
Wish I had this much talent, when I started. This has to be one of the best uses of the old DML BTR-70 I have seen. All you rivet counters please keep you grumbles to yourself. Indeed, the wash on the figures is not very apparent. I would use a dark green wash, on the figures uniforms and brown on the exposed flesh. I believe that the tie downs could be made out of either, but not exclusively. I'm sure the Russians used whatever they could find to tie down the stowage. Russia was never big on creature comforts.
"You go, there. Destroy the enemy." Type of thing. They considered life cheap. Please don't jump on me for this, either. Just what I understand from Cold War Soviet doctrine.
vivkulan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 07:04 AM UTC
Thanks for the kind words.
 _GOTOTOP