Hosted by Darren Baker
British Army Land Rover (late 80s)
scaleyback
Visit this Community
Louth, Ireland
KitMaker: 29 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2013 - 11:33 AM UTC
So there I was working on this braille scale Land Rover. I'm trying to depict a Royal Signals vehicle in late 80s BAOR. As I got about halfway through I had a nagging feeling something just wasn't right with my cam scheme. I pressed on, but it just looks wrong... and I can't for the life of me think exactly why.

Sorry for the terrible photos. It's late and I took them with my phone. I'm happy enough with the colours but I'd appreciate some feedback on the pattern. Have I got too much black? Stripes too thick?

Very frustrating as I have painted my share of the real thing
Anto992
Visit this Community
Ireland
KitMaker: 227 posts
Armorama: 212 posts
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2013 - 04:07 PM UTC
Hi Kevin,

Send me your email and l will peg off a load of British Landrover pics to you later..... I think the only thing wrong is the black band across the bonnet of the vehicle, maybe if you brought it over one side of the front it would break it up a bit. what colour did you use for the green?

Anto
scaleyback
Visit this Community
Louth, Ireland
KitMaker: 29 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2013 - 06:34 PM UTC
Cheers Anto,
PM sent. I think you might be right. Maybe I should bring the black down over one of the headlamps. I'd appreciate seeing your pics though. My google fu turned up surprisingly few of the vehicles I was looking for.
 _GOTOTOP