_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
WWII Japanese Artillery
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2013 - 02:32 AM UTC
Fine Molds has two offerings of the World War Two type 41 artillery guns in 1/35th scale hitting the stores.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2013 - 06:15 AM UTC
I have one enroute. I will post the review when it arrives.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2013 - 06:21 AM UTC
Good to see these coming along. Look forward to the review.

Al
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 - 02:46 AM UTC
Hi, All! I've just ordered the FINE MOLDS FM39 Type 41 75mm with the 4 IJA Artillerymen moving the gun, along with FM24, which is the "HO-I" Medium tank. Besides having a built-up TAMIYA Type 97 "CHI-HA" and an un-built "Shinhoto CHI-HA". I've got one each of DRAGON's recent Type 95 "HA-GO" and IJN Type 2 "KA-MI" sitting on one of my "To-be-built-soon" (HA-HA) shelves, along with one each of FINE MOLDS' recent FM37 IJA Infantry set, FM22 IJA Tank Crew, FM10 Type 97 "TE-KE" and FM16 Type 95 "HA-GO"- I compared the FM "HA-GO" with DRAGON's kit, and not surprisingly, I can say that DRAGON's "HA-GO" is the superior kit. Both of my FM "HA-GO" and "TE-KE" kits came with MODELKASTEN Tracksets. We already know that putting those MK tracksets together will take 2 or 3 times as long to assemble as the rest of the kits. Upon cracking open the boxes of the FM "TE-KE" and "HA-GO" kits, I find that they are on par with TAMIYA's Type 97 "CHI-HA" and later "SHINHOTO CHI-HA" of the 1980s, which only need some minor tweaking to bring them up to 21st Century standards, plus the major tweak of MK tracksets. I'm waiting patiently for the DRAGON IJN Type 2 "KA-MI" with Pontoon Floatation Gear and I've got a set of their new IJA Infantry "Peleliu" on order. Not that I'm a big fan of 1/35 Japanese WWII stuff- ALLIED WWII equipment is my favorite. I have 37 Shermans alone, not counting the Commonwealth versions, so I guess I can confirm that I'm a certified "SHERMAHOLIC". Why so many Shermans? Because there are A LOT MORE different ways to build the M4-series Mediums than there are of Tigers and Panthers COMBINED!!!
 _GOTOTOP