_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T-64A-- mounting fuel drums question
skyhawk
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,095 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 - 05:20 AM UTC
Hi all

Ive been working on the Trumpy T-64A, and built it as the "estate 2" without the AA MG. I found a photo in the old concord T-64 book with just such a tank, comoplete with gill, external tanks, and no AA MG.

So I am wondering. There are those flap things that are vertical on the engine deck. One of the tank fits right over where one of these is fitted. Being that they are rubber, does the tank just "squash" it down? or was it removed/cut down to fit the fuel tank?

thanks!
Andy
Violetrock
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 831 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 - 10:08 PM UTC
Hi Andy,

do you mean the Concord T-64 and T-80 book?
On which page is the picture you are referring to?

Thomas
skyhawk
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,095 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 - 11:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Andy,

do you mean the Concord T-64 and T-80 book?
On which page is the picture you are referring to?

Thomas

ill have to look tonight when I get back home... but its in the very upper right hand corner of the right page within the first 1/2 of the book. Shows a T-64A in a hull-down (dug in) position. Caption says its in Czechoslovakia (now Czech Republic).
You can see that no AA gun is fitted, and it also has the gill armor (barely seen above the top of the berm). Fuel tanks are obvious as well. It also has the white striping

I did figure out the answer to my question though. Seems the baffles are rubber, thus I found pics of them just bent out of the way of the fuel drum, and a few that even looks like they were cut down at an angle. I couple had the last one removed as well.

Im cleaning up the drums and hope to mount them within the next few days.
Andy
 _GOTOTOP