_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Trumpeter's BMP-1 early build
skyhawk
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,095 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 - 06:35 AM UTC
Hi all,

Figure I will be starting on this baby soon enough. Here is a few teaser shots of the box and hull. The fit of the upper and lower hull is outstanding!

skyhawk
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,095 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 - 06:44 AM UTC
Trying to decide how I want to finish this model... I thought of doing an abandoned Iraqi one from Desert Storm, but to pull that off I need an interior, which this kit gives you none.

Other option is Chechnya. I have always liked the look of a group of soldiers riding on the top deck.

this would be a neat little dio... but it would hide those great indy tracks the kit comes with!

Garrand
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 195 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 - 06:41 AM UTC
Hi,

I'm in the process of finishing up this kit right now. The one big reccomendation I would make (and I wish I had figured this out beforehand) is to join the upper and lower hulls FIRST, rather than wait until when the instructions tell you to. There's some prominent seams/gapping in the hull nose that'll need to be filled/sanded out, and you might as well do that now rather than wait until later.

Damon.
zedhol
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 244 posts
Armorama: 160 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 09:41 AM UTC
Damon,

Thanks for that info. I am putting this together and thought that joining the hull early may help. Will do that, especially as I lost part B27 to tweezer spring and have to make a new one.

Graham
 _GOTOTOP