_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Berlin 1945 Diorama
muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 175 posts
Armorama: 174 posts
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 - 07:17 PM UTC
Hi,

This is my latest diorama. Hope you like it.

Cheers

avenue
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 544 posts
Armorama: 542 posts
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 - 07:30 PM UTC
not enough rubble.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 - 07:49 PM UTC
You need a lot more rubble. The figures a very nice. I have never seen true blue used for German uniforms. The spg is excellent.
muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 - 07:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You need a lot more rubble. The figures a very nice. I have never seen true blue used for German uniforms. The spg is excellent.

Yes maybe more rubble would be nice but I did not want to overwhelm the base with so much rubble. The pilots do have field blue uniform. Thanks.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 - 10:13 PM UTC
By the time the Russians entered the city, the rubble overwhelmed it from Allied bombing and artillery.
wildsgt
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 327 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 - 11:17 PM UTC
Great Dio I agree more rubbel.
Ascaria
Visit this Community
Wroclaw, Poland
KitMaker: 253 posts
Armorama: 103 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 12:29 AM UTC
Hi,

you did great job with TDS and figures, but you have take a closer look to the photos of ruined streets of Polish, German or any other eastern towns. Such small amount of rublles is good in France or Belgium, with (usually) minor damages done by fast moving troops. In eastern front during siege things look tottaly different
Look at this movie (about 0:55) BERLIN - 14 of May 1945 you will see what I mean.

Cheers

Wojtek
MAKIETARIUM
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 03:18 AM UTC
I agree about more rubble but I must say the overall painting on everything is very very nice indeed. Well done! Who makes the German figures in the overcoats?
I would like to see more pic taken at"ground level" as I always think it is way more realistic that way?
J
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 10:30 PM UTC
Fantastic scene Muzaffer- the figures are very nicely painted and finished- plenty to see with them, thats for sure- from the tank riders to the guy getting his butt kicked! I particularly like the finish on the tank- it looks especially good in the views taken from above it.
All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
KitMaker: 599 posts
Armorama: 527 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 11:40 PM UTC
Hello Muzaffer! Incredible touch of yours, congratulations!

I don't have any opinion at all since your excellent work on details are more than sufficient to make me hold my breath for a while...

IMO, the rubble are quite enough in amount and scattered along the edge of the street. Smaller broken bricks, rubble, or any destruction indicators maybe added in the middle of way that SPG would pass onto. Also, you may make the posters in the wall and the fragmented one (behind the kickin' Russian soldier) look somewhat dull and dirty

Once again, congratulations and thanks for sharing!

Warm regards from Indonesia

Garry
muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 06:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I agree about more rubble but I must say the overall painting on everything is very very nice indeed. Well done! Who makes the German figures in the overcoats?
I would like to see more pic taken at"ground level" as I always think it is way more realistic that way?
J

Thanks Jerry, the figures are from Stalingrad of Russia.
muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 06:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Fantastic scene Muzaffer- the figures are very nicely painted and finished- plenty to see with them, thats for sure- from the tank riders to the guy getting his butt kicked! I particularly like the finish on the tank- it looks especially good in the views taken from above it.

Thanks Karl
muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 06:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello Muzaffer! Incredible touch of yours, congratulations!

I don't have any opinion at all since your excellent work on details are more than sufficient to make me hold my breath for a while...

IMO, the rubble are quite enough in amount and scattered along the edge of the street. Smaller broken bricks, rubble, or any destruction indicators maybe added in the middle of way that SPG would pass onto. Also, you may make the posters in the wall and the fragmented one (behind the kickin' Russian soldier) look somewhat dull and dirty

Once again, congratulations and thanks for sharing!

Warm regards from Indonesia

Garry

Thanks Garry, I'm glad that you liked it.

Cheers
Barbarossa
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 216 posts
Armorama: 215 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 08:50 AM UTC
Hi Muffazer,

Firstly can I just say overall your dio looks very smart, the painting and detail on the tank & figures is very good, well done. The figures from 'Stalingrad' look good, I've just bought a couple from them myself and they're excellent. The shading too on the road is very realistic.
I agree with 'the rubble' comments, especially since the 2 buildings were made of thousands of little reds bricks, whereas you don't have any/many strewn around?? I too am working on a Berlin dio of the final days, and appreciate your thinking of not wanting to spend hours on the base, and then cover all that hard work with rubble & debris...., but then if a 4 storey building comes down, then you'll need some 'mess' On my Miniart building I've spent hours/days creating an interior, only in future to cover half of it all again with debris.....
Have to say my only real nitpick is the gap between the 2 buildings, it looks like an alleyway, in which case the corner building would've been very small & narrow? If it was joined to the 'Pharmacy' next door then some sort of flooring would be necessary..? To me it doesn't look quite right.....??
Anyway, well done again, overall it tells a nice little story

Cheers,
SIMON.
SovietBoy22
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 461 posts
Armorama: 452 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 09:49 AM UTC
That is fantastic! What green did you use for the JSU-152 (is it?)
Thanks
Euan
muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 07:29 PM UTC
I decided to add more rubble to the base, new photos will be available soon.

Regards
TimW42
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 159 posts
Armorama: 158 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 06:24 AM UTC
Outstanding diorama! Apart from the rubble comments, I noticed what looks like a Soviet propaganda poster on the right-hand building.

I don't think the German authorities would have thought much of that!!!

Those Stalingrad figures are excellent and you did a brilliant job with them! I have the "Under Fire" set with 1942 Soviet infantry that I'll do something with (someday!)

Cheers,

Tim W.
All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
KitMaker: 599 posts
Armorama: 527 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 11:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Garry, I'm glad that you liked it.

Cheers

You're welcome, keep up the excellent work and any other cool ideas!

Garry
muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 06:51 PM UTC
Thank you Tim. Soviet propoganda poster is somewhat put up by a Soviet soldier.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 08:12 PM UTC
Very nice scene. The TD and figures are painted very nicely. I agree some more variation in the rubble would look great .... smaller pieces, bricks, etc. The composition would have benifited from some tweaks also .... smaller base (placed the grey building to the left of the yellow and remove the gap ... this would allow for less rubble being needed as well) and built everything at a slight angle (my opinion only).
muzonat
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 11:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Very nice scene. The TD and figures are painted very nicely. I agree some more variation in the rubble would look great .... smaller pieces, bricks, etc. The composition would have benifited from some tweaks also .... smaller base (placed the grey building to the left of the yellow and remove the gap ... this would allow for less rubble being needed as well) and built everything at a slight angle (my opinion only).

I've decided to add more rubbles and other stuff to the base such as a bus-stop and a wreck Beetle.
 _GOTOTOP