_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Winter 8.8 FLAK
Ascaria
Visit this Community
Wroclaw, Poland
KitMaker: 253 posts
Armorama: 103 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 06:51 AM UTC
Hi,

with greatest plesure I would like to present You some photos of "winter 8.8 FLAK" diorama made by my friend Mariusz, he is also the auhor of all the pictures.

We meet together as a competitors on many modeling events. Then after many years we discovered that we are almost neighbours. And now we can discuss some „very important modelmaking” topics during our friendly meetings.

For more pictures please click here

I hope that it will be first of many galleries, because I know that Mariusz display cabinet is full of such masterpieces

Cheers

Wojtek
MAKIETARIUM
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 06:56 AM UTC
What a superb build! The background really blends with the rest of the build. I can see a seem line on the end of the telemeter. Do you know what paint line and color he uses for brass?
Ascaria
Visit this Community
Wroclaw, Poland
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 07:12 AM UTC
Of course I will ask him asap maybe they are some small imperfections but IMHO overall look is great, the most important think is, that Mariusz have entire dipslay cabinet of such small masterpieces

Cheers

Wojtek
MAKIETARIUM
edoardo
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 642 posts
Armorama: 234 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 07:25 PM UTC
Hi Wojtek!
great dio indeed!
I am in the process of building one too with the same kit, and I'd like to ask some questions on this wonderful build from which I can only learn something...

so, please, help me in asking your friend how did he fit the sitting soldier on the cannon: I cannot make it as there is no room to fit it...
thank you in advance!
ciao
Edo
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 09:55 PM UTC
Really nice work. Very well painted.

Another option for the seam on the end of the rangefinder is attach a thin piece of masking tape over it and paint it in leather colors. Rangefinders had a leather strap there.
Ascaria
Visit this Community
Wroclaw, Poland
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 06:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What a superb build! The background really blends with the rest of the build. I can see a seem line on the end of the telemeter. Do you know what paint line and color he uses for brass?

Hi Matt

Mariusz told me that he used dfferent paint lines it was probably Citadel Colours or Sangyo Gunze, he build this diorama about 6 years ago and he dont remember exactly, but probably it was Citadel Colours.

Cheers

Wojtek
MAKIETARIUM
Ascaria
Visit this Community
Wroclaw, Poland
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 12:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Wojtek!
great dio indeed!
I am in the process of building one too with the same kit, and I'd like to ask some questions on this wonderful build from which I can only learn something...

so, please, help me in asking your friend how did he fit the sitting soldier on the cannon: I cannot make it as there is no room to fit it...
thank you in advance!
ciao
Edo

Hi Edoardo

answer is very simple... he dont fit here too please check other fotos here and look at the main [upper] photo

Cheers

Wojtek
MAKIETARIUM
edoardo
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 642 posts
Armorama: 234 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 05:00 PM UTC
ah! Ah! Ah! The gunner is floating in mid air!
So this is another secret weapon of te Wehrmacht!
Ciao
Edo
 _GOTOTOP