_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
New Alpine Figures May 2013
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 11:37 AM UTC
Alpine Miniatures has informed Armorama of their latest releases with two 1/35th scale German figures, 2 1/35th scale german head sets, and a 1/16th scale German U-Boat Captain.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
panzer_fan
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 427 posts
Armorama: 348 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 12:12 PM UTC
I am so getting the Max Wünsche set and one NCO figure... Way to go Taesung! Thanks Darren, for the news.
Canjuaan
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 228 posts
Armorama: 223 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 10:54 PM UTC
Easily the best painted WWII related German figures I've ever seen. Just look at the skin tones... Wow!

The sculpting is exceptional, as usual with Alpine.

Could anyone try to persuade Man-Jin Kim to write a book like Calvin Tan did some years back? (Modelling Waffen-SS Figures, Osprey)

Cheers
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 02:25 AM UTC
GERMANS!!! AGAIN!!! Aren't there ENOUGH Germans and German Vehicles on the market yet?
taesung
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 493 posts
Armorama: 340 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 04:34 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments, guys!
dsaulino
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 71 posts
Armorama: 61 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 05:40 AM UTC
Could we perhaps see a Meyer or Witt figure coming soon?
taesung
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 493 posts
Armorama: 340 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 05:44 AM UTC
Maybe....
dsaulino
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 71 posts
Armorama: 61 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 06:03 AM UTC
Awesome!
kidsbday7
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 41 posts
Armorama: 37 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 10:41 AM UTC
Man-Jin Kim already wrote a book. It's called MJ's Figure Art Vol. 1, but maybe your point is it doesn't cover WWII subjects. Still a good book.
panzer_fan
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 427 posts
Armorama: 348 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 02:01 PM UTC
Like I said, I ordered two sets already. It would be really awesome if Taesung could do some seated figures.
jrutman
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 - 01:44 AM UTC
Taesung,
Nice to see that your standards are not dropping but actually seem to be getting better!
Max looks cool. This is the way he looked right after the failed night attack on the Canadian positions north west of Caen.
He and Meyer learned that night that they were facing a different enemy than the Russians!
The head wound was from a splinter caused when a Canadian projectile hit the front of a Panther that Wunsche was guiding back onto the highway.
There is a well known pic of Wunsche Meyer and Witt the next day sirring at a table outdoors and I always wonered what was being talked about? Perhaps a dressing down for the large amount of personel and equipment losses the night before?
J
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 - 02:35 AM UTC
Hi Taesung! Your figures are GREAT!!! Couldn't we see General George S. Patton done in several of his different uniforms? To my knowledge, no one has ever done Gen. Patton without a jacket as he was seen in Tunisia or in Sicily- There are several widely published photos of Gen. Patton dressed in his "Pinks": In shirtsleeves, and riding breeches (no "Ike" jacket), his trademark Sam Browne Belt with the 2 holstered revolvers and binoculars, highly polished US ARMY 3-buckled Elk-hide Cavalry Boots, topped off with his Flat Olive Drab M1 Steel helmet. There are also several photos of Patton in Tunisia, sitting on a big rock, watching a battle. He is wearing the same "Pinks". In addition, he is wearing what appears to be a heavy leather Irvine fleece-lined jacket, and his Flat Olive Drab M1 Helmet... For something really different, couldn't we see a figure of Japanese Lieutenant General Masaharu Homma? There are several photos and illustrations of Lt.Gen. Homma sitting on a chair with his hands resting on his Samurai Sword. He is wearing his IJA Open-collared Uniform jacket with white shirt opened at the neck and the IJA-pattern Pith Helmet, with of course, IJA Officers' Riding Breeches and Boots... Please..? Maybe it could be a whole new line for you- A 1/35 Famous Generals Series? There are numerous sets of Generals done in plastic, but none of them do the real men any justice. I think with your talents in sculpting faces, we'd finally have accurate representations of these famous military men... Thanks for reading...
Canjuaan
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 228 posts
Armorama: 223 posts
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 - 06:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Man-Jin Kim already wrote a book. It's called MJ's Figure Art Vol. 1, but maybe your point is it doesn't cover WWII subjects. Still a good book.

Thank you, I didn't know that. Subjects don't matter, as I'm interested in his general techniques.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 03:15 AM UTC
Alpine figs are always great, but I'd rather see some 1/35 U-boat or S-boat crew.
 _GOTOTOP