_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
‘Click to Continue > by Solid Savings’
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Monday, June 03, 2013 - 03:11 PM UTC
Just noticed this tonight as I was entering a review post, it appears to be a link embedded on some of the posting text. Some of the paragraphs in the postings have an underlined or highlighted word(s) that activate a drop down link that appears when you run your mouse pointer over it. I found this issue on numerous postings as I randomly searched through the sites postings, is this something new here? I’m currently using Chrome for my browser so I don’t know if this is also appearing on any other browsers? Has anyone else noticed this?

~ Eddy

Notice the highlighted word one on my posting? That's what I'm talking about!
TheSpearman
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 33 posts
Armorama: 28 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 01:06 AM UTC
I'm not seeing any such links. There's a few forms of malware/adware that inject dodgy links like that. You may want to look into running a quick check with Malwarebytes or Hijackthis to be sure.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 10:05 AM UTC
I'm running Chrome and having the same problem. I think it is just the server trying to make more money by advertising.

Nope. Running a full scan and have 11 bad files, so far.
Malwarebytes did not fix it.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 11:15 AM UTC
It's not coming from our servers. As someone already pointed out that type of stuff is almost always malware of some type rewriting pages in your browser. It could also be a bad extension. If you recently added any new bits to Chrome I would try uninstalling them. The easiest check for this is to try another browser or a second pc to see if this is client-based. However since I don't do any kind of inline text stuff I can attest it's not coming from our end.

Thanks,
Jim
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 03:03 PM UTC
@TheSpearman, retiredyank & staff_Jim – Gentelmen,

Thanks for the replies, it’s much appreciated. I surf the net using a type of virtual hard-drive, so everything is automatically dumped when I close the browser window, leaving no chance of infecting my primary hard-drive with malware, virus, etc. I should have closed the browser before posting as it cleared up everything when I reopened the browser window.

~ Eddy
 _GOTOTOP