Bravo 6 spare parts?
joegrafton
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,209 posts
Armorama: 1,143 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 08:22 PM UTC
Hi,
I'm in the middle of doing some Bravo 6 figure conversions of the Australian SAS figures & have run out of some parts that I need to finish them.
I need to acquire some of the water bottles that are supplied with the Australian SAS figure sets & some of the USMC figure sets.
I believe they may be called the '44 pattern water bottle & cover.
Definitely not the one that looks like the regular US water bottle.
Does anybody have these water bottles in their spares box that are surplus to requirements?
It would be very much appreciated if one could help me out here. Hopefully we could come to some sort of arrangement.
Thank you for your help.

Joe.
Stefan1580
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 360 posts
Armorama: 354 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 09:16 PM UTC
Hi Joe,

sounds very good what are you doing. I am also working on Australian SAS Figures too. To get some extra bottles if nobody can help you out you have two oppinions:
first one - you can use some old Tamiy ones comming with the british stretcher team and the Ambulance Land Rover. Not good in Detail and for me the very last option. Also in the new Legend Productions Land Rover update set are some very nice 44 pattern water bottles.

second option - cut off all 44 pattern bottle you have from the resin plugs. Put all on a new one so you have an "sprue" only with 44 pattern bottles. Now make a silikon mold and make resin copys of them.I know it is some kind of copyright issures for many people out there but i think the Weapons in the kits and some of the other equipment are also copys from other Manufactures. I think the only complete new made weapons in 1/35 are the ones from Live-Resin and Trumpeter. So if it is only for personell use i think there should be no Problem. Also you can ask Vladi himself if he can send you some extra bottles.

I had your Problems with L1A1 rifles for my Australian Infantry and SAS Figures i am building/converting for Vietnam because it is/was a very rare item today. So i have asked Black Army Models to send me some extra L1A1 rifles from their sitting modern fighter Figure and it was no Problem. Now i have enough rifles for many Figures to come.

Hope this helps

bye, bye

Stefan
grimmo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 752 posts
Armorama: 569 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 09:43 PM UTC
call sign models make an accessory kit that has spare water bottles, pouches, boots, packs and boots and stuff.

http://www.firestormmodels.com/store/product.php?productid=9416&cat=257&page=1
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 10:47 PM UTC
Call Sign stuff seems very nice. If you want Bravo6 canteens, I'm sure Vladi could help you out. He's an outstanding person and I'm sure you two would make some sort of an agreement about those canteens.

Mario
joegrafton
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,209 posts
Armorama: 1,143 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 10:57 PM UTC
Thanks for your replies.
I've spoken to Vladi already & he is happy to help me but will need to order from his casting company which will take some time & wont be in the near future.
I have the Firestorm/Callsign web gear set already & while most of it is excellent & already being used on my model I feel, IMHO, that the water bottles provided lack detail & would not sit right with the Bravo 6 base figure.
Tamiya? Nah...
As to casting myself... I wouldn't know how.
And I have the Legend SAS Land Rover update set already ordered & on the way to me from Lucky Model. So I guess this would be the way to go.
Thanks anyway.

Joe.
 _GOTOTOP